Alexa is an AI virtual assistant that allows you to control your devices vocally.
But Alexa’s compatibility may vary from device to device.
Owing to limited functionality, many people ask, “Can Alexa control my Samsung TV?”
Yes, almost all Samsung Smart TVs are compatible with Alexa.
The latest models have built-in options for pairing Alexa.
At the same time, some older versions require a series of steps to let Alexa control the TV.
With the help of Alexa, you can vocally command your TV.
By doing so, you can control your TV without using a remote control.
Check out the following context to learn further about “Can Alexa control my Samsung TV?”
And if it does, then how to pair Alexa with the TV?
Also read: Can Alexa control Apple TV?
Can Alexa Control My Samsung TV or Not?
To let Alexa control your Samsung TV, it is crucial to pair it with the device.
Samsung is one of the few TV brands that are highly compatible with Alexa.
All the new Samsung TVs are designed to be compatible with virtual assistants like Google and Alexa.
You can face difficulty pairing the virtual assistant with older versions of Samsung TV.
But with the following method, you can easily connect older Samsung TVs with Alexa.
After pairing it with your Samsung TV, you can access Alexa with the microphone on the remote control.
Besides that, you can also use Alexa with TV by enabling its “Hands-free” feature. You can access different features and scroll channels with your voice by pairing Alexa with your Samsung TV.
It can prove very helpful for disabled and older people or even for kids unfamiliar with remote keys.
How to Connect Alexa and Control Samsung TV?
Samsung TVs have been heavily modified over the past few years. Owing to these modifications, not all Samsung TVs show the same compatibility with Alexa TV.
Thus, to simplify the guide, let’s individually study each method to pair Alexa with different Samsung TV models.
1. Alexa for New Samsung TV Models
The newer Samsung TVs have a built-in Alexa feature.
It implies you won’t have to pair the Alexa device with the Samsung TV separately.
Instead, Alexa is already present within these models, using which you can control different keys and features.
Furthermore, with the help of built-in Alexa, you can vocally command and access the TV.
The microphone for Alexa is present on TV’s remote.
You can control channels, check weather forecasts, and listen to music by speaking into the remote’s microphone.
The following models of Samsung TV have this built-in Alexa feature.
- All 2022 Samsung Models
- All 2021 Samsung Models
- 2020’s 4K and 8K LED Range
- 2020’s Samsung Terrace TVs.
- Samsung 2020 “The Frame.”
- Samsung “The Sero” Range.
- Samsung “The Serif 2020” Range.
- Samsung TU8000 2020 Model.
- Samsung 2020 Crystal UHD TV Range.
All these Samsung TVs have factory-developed Alexa assistants and also a microphone.
You don’t need to pair these televisions with the Alexa speaker device.
Furthermore, you don’t have to download the Alexa app on mobile.
You can instead control the Alexa settings directly on the television.
2. Alexa for Older Samsung TV Models
The older Samsung models do not have a built-in Alexa feature.
Thus, you must pair an Alexa device with such TVs.
3. Set Up Alexa Speaker and Samsung TV
Before pairing the Alexa speaker with your Samsung television, you must prepare the devices first for this connection.
You must ensure that both devices, i.e., Alexa and TV, share the same internet connection.
4. Connect your TV with Samsung’s “SmartTV Hub”
The next thing you must do is connect your Samsung TV with the “SmartTV Hub” application.
Since your television belongs to the older version category, you need an application to pair it with Alexa.
Observe the following points to connect your Samsung TV with the SmartTV hub app.
- Switch on your Samsung TV.
- Click on the “Menu” option of your remote.
- Press on the “SmartHub” option.
- Sign up or Log in to your Samsung account.
- Now open your “Samsung SmartThing” mobile app.
- At the bottom of the screen, there will be a “Device” option.
- Press it and search for “New Decices” in the menu.
- There you will find your TV by its title.
- Click on the “Connect” option to pair the app with the TV.
- By doing so, you will enable your TV as a “Smart Device.”
5. Set up Alexa App
After pairing your TV with the “SmartThings Hub” app, prepare your Alexa app.
If you have yet to get an Alexa app, you must create an account first.
Once you have set up your account on the Alexa app, it is time to pair it with the Alexa speaker.
If you don’t know how to do so, follow the steps below.
- Open the Alexa app and ensure that you have logged into your account.
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- There you will find the “Devices” option; click on it.
- Locate your “Alexa Speakers” in the menu.
- Connect your app with the speakers.
6. Connect your TV with the Alexa app
The last step in the process is to connect the Alexa app to your TV.
For this, repeat the above process till step three. After that, locate your TV on the Alexa app.
Once you find it, pair the app with the TV.
Once the two devices are connected, you can use the speakers with your Samsung TV.
What Commands Can You Access with Alexa?
After pairing the TV with the Alexa app, you can access the TV more flexibly.
The following are a few commands you can operate using the Alexa speakers.
- You can command Alexa speakers to switch off/on the TV.
- You can command Alexa to lower/increase the TV volume.
- You can command Alexa to change channels.
- You can command Alexa to move to a specific channel number.
- You can command Alexa to change the input name of the TV.
- You can command Alexa to forward/pause/resume/rewind the content on TV.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you need Alexa speakers with Samsung 2021 version?
The newer Samsung versions, including the 2021 model, have built-in Alexa speakers.
You won’t require Alexa speakers with this model, as it is a built-in feature in these TVs.
How to use Alexa with Samsung TV?
Once you pair Alexa with Samsung TV or activate this feature, you can access the TV with your voice command.
You can either speak into the remote’s microphone or enable hands-free mode to control TV features with your voice.
Can you search for movies on TV with Alexa?
Yes, you can vocally command Alexa to search for movies and channels by connecting Alexa with a TV.
Moreover, you can also pause/rewind/resume/play movies with your voice with the help of Alex.
I hope this article has aptly answered your queries regarding “Can Alexa control my Samsung TV?”
With the help of the above methods, you can easily connect the Alexa app to any Samsung TV.
The newer versions have built-in Alexa features. But with the older version, you will require separate speakers.
I hope now you’ve got a complete idea about whether Alexa can control my Samsung TV or not.
Follow the above guide and connect your TV with Alexa.
After that, you can control your TV with Alexa commands.