Pairing a virtual assistant with smart home devices for enhanced functionality is the new trend these days.
High-end brands like Toshiba make some of the most advanced TV systems utterly compatible with different AI voice assistants, including Alexa.
If you are confused regarding how to setup Toshiba TV with Alexa, then the following context may help you.
- Open your TV Menu and Go to Settings.
- In Settings, you can see the System option, click here and select voice assistant Alexa.
- Now open the Alexa app, and go to Discover Devices.
- Here Select your Toshiba smart TV.
- Follow the on-screen guide and connect Toshiba TV with Alexa.
Make sure your smart tv and Amazon Alexa have the same wireless network. In this article, you shall find a detailed guide regarding setting up a Toshiba TV with a smart device like Alexa.
Does Toshiba TV’s Manual Include “How to Set it Up with Alexa?”
The user manual of most devices, especially TVs, includes a detailed guide regarding its features and operations.
From the device’s installation to making general fixes and repairs, one can find a briefing on everything in user manuals.
But unfortunately, the Toshiba TV manual does not guide its customers on how to set up Toshiba TV with Alexa.
The lack of on-screen instructions in Toshiba’s manuals regarding its compatibility with voice assistants makes customers believe that these TVs can’t be paired with Alexa.
In any Toshiba user manual, you won’t find guidelines regarding its pairing with voice assistants. But with the help of the following instructions, you can easily set up Alexa with your Toshiba TV.
How to Set Up Toshiba TV with Voice Assistants?
Not every Toshiba TV shows compatibility with voice assistants, such as Alexa. Only their smart TV range, with advanced features and the latest specifications, can be paired with Alexa.
Therefore first, determine whether your TV is compatible with this feature before purchasing Alexa.
To check, visit Toshiba’s official website and locate your TV model. Within the digital catalog, you can find whether voice assistants can be set up with your TV.
If your device shows compatibility with voice assistants, follow the guidelines below to pair Alexa with your Toshiba TV.
Conventional Method to Setup Toshiba TV with Alexa
Toshiba’s latest smartTV range offers easier pairing with voice assistants. Within minutes you can easily set up the TV with Alexa and enjoy a seamless user experience.
TV Setting – Step-by-Step
- Go to your TV’s home screen.
- Click the “Menu” button on your remote control.
- Go to “Settings.”
- There you will find the “System” option; click on it.
- Scroll down to the “Voice Assistant” option and click “OK.”
- Choose your voice assistant, i.e., Alexa. Currently, Toshiba smart TVs only support two AI voice assistants, Google Assistant and Alexa.
- After selecting “Alexa,” read the terms and conditions. Then press “OK.”
- Observe the on-screen guidelines to proceed with the process.
- It will ask you to give a title to your device. You can name it according to your choice (such as “ABC,” or “XYZ”). When done, scroll to “OK.”
Alexa App – Mobile Settings
- Now open your “Alexa App” and select the “Devices” option.
- Click on the “Add New Device” option.
- Select the “TV” option.
- Go to “Others” and select the “Discover Devices” option.
- Alexa will locate the device. Choose your TV; it will be named by the title you have just given.
- Click on the “Set Up Device” option.
- Choose the location where your TV is present (such as the living room).
- Select “Add to Group” and press the “Continue” button.
- After reading the instructions, click “Done,” and your device will be successfully paired with Alexa.
Alternative Method for Older Toshiba SmartTV Versions
For older versions of Toshiba smart TVs, the method of pairing voice assistants differs. Since those TVs didn’t have the feature of setting up an AI assistant in their settings and did not have Toshiba smart home skills.
You must follow a different path for pairing Alexa with them.
- Install Toshiba smart home app on your TV.
- Set up your Toshiba smart home app on the TV.
- Give your TV a title name.
- Go to “Settings” and switch on the “Voice Assistant” mode.
- After doing these steps on Toshiba smart home app. Now open the “Alexa App.”
- Go to its “Settings.”
- Click on the “Devices” option.
- Click on “Pair on a New Device.”
- Find your TV by your selected title and click “OK.”
- Comply with the given terms and conditions.
- By giving your consent to the terms, your device will be paired with Alexa.
Note: This method also requires the same wireless network and Alexa skills setup to connect Alexa with Toshiba smart home tv.
What are the Benefits of Pairing Alexa with TV?
People who are still unknown of the proper use of voice assistants like Alexa often question its functionality and use with a television.
If you are also unaware of the benefits of using Alexa with a TV, the following points can help resolve your curiosity.
1. Change Channels or Turn off the TV Without Using a Remote
Sometimes you can be busy in another room and cannot have access to the TV’s remote control. In such situations, you can simply control the device with your voice.
You can scroll channels, turn off the TV, or give a simple voice command for a specific song without using a remote.
2. Useful for Old People and Kids
Older people or kids may have difficulty understanding complicated TV controls. However, with the help of Alexa, you can ease their problem and provide them with a comfortable watching experience.
They can operate the TV with Alexa without going through the complicated features of remote control. Even old people can use an Amazon Echo device and TV with voice control.
3. Set Up Reminders
You can also use Alexa with your TV to set up reminders and alarms. Usually, the alarm feature is not present in televisions.
But by pairing it with Alexa Assistant, you can accelerate the functionality of your television and set up important events and alarms on it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What can Alexa do on Toshiba tv?
You can control your Toshiba TV all settings with Alexa. You can ask Alexa to change the channel, decrease or increase the display color and brightness, change the volume, etc.
Why is Toshiba tv Alexa not working?
There could be many reasons why Toshiba TV is not working with Alexa some of them are:
1. Low internet connection.
2. The Alexa app has an outdated server.
3. Someone has disabled the Alexa connection with the TV.
4. TV is not understanding your voice commands.
How to disable Alexa on Toshiba tv?
You can disable Alexa on Toshiba tv by going into the Alexa app settings option.
1. Go to settings, and then click on Devices.
2. Now find the Toshiba TV, click on it, and remove it from the list.
3. Once you remove the TV, Alexa will be disabled.
I hope now you know, how to setup Toshiba TV with Alexa. Make sure you’ve got a smart TV because you can only connect Alexa with Toshiba Smart TV.
Contrary to common misconception, setting up Alexa with Toshiba TV is not complicated. By aptly following the procedure, it will take you only five minutes to pair your TV with Alexa.
Using Alexa will enhance the features of your TV and make your watching experience more luxurious and enjoyable.