When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Samsung TVs have many apps, including Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, Xfinity, etc. What if your preferred app suddenly freezes, fails to load properly, or disappears after you open it? As we encounter this problem multiple times, we’ll explain how to restart apps on Samsung TV.
To unfreeze an app on your Samsung TV, you must restart the frozen app. There are several methods to restart any app. You can switch to another app as Samsung TV can’t run two apps at a time. You can also restart your TV to open the app again or reinstall the particular app.
By doing this, you can force all of your Samsung TV apps to close and launch again by opening later. When an app is frozen, doing these actions will typically work. Stay with us and continue reading to learn all of these things. Let’s start with why you actually need to restart an app.
Why Do You Need To Restart Apps On Samsung TV
Your Samsung TV has plenty of essential applications you use daily. You need to restart apps on your TV if one has stopped working, is not loading, or is freezing. Besides, when any of your apps crash while running, you have to restart it.
At times, when you force stop an app, you’ll have to restart it to make it work properly. Several other scenarios require an app to be restarted to fix issues. So, we’ll discuss all the methods to help you resolve such problems for any reason.
Methods To Restart Apps On Samsung TV
If you’re in a hurry, we have a quick method for you to restart any app on your Samsung TV. Follow these steps, and you are good to go:
- Tap the Return button on your remote control.
- You’ll see a pop-up message to close the app.
- Click the “Exit” button on your remote to continue.
- Launch the app once again to finish the reboot.
If this method does not work for you, don’t worry. There are several ways to restart an app on your Samsung TV. Let’s discuss a few of these methods you can apply.
Try Opening A Different App
The quickest way to restart a Samsung TV app is to use this approach by opening different apps. Like most smart TV operating systems, it only allows for the simultaneous use of one app. A new app is meant to close the old one when it launches. Apply the following steps to restart the app.
- Press the Home button on your TV remote.
- Choose another app from your apps list.
- Wait some seconds for the app to open up.
Now, go back, press the Home button and try opening the app you wanted to recover. In most instances, this method is effective. We have, however, witnessed it fall short when apps crash while starting up. Thankfully, we still have other ways to restart the apps.
Restart Your TV Using The Remote
Rebooting the TV is a helpful fix for folks with problems restarting an app on their Samsung TV. The app will undoubtedly reload when you restart the TV. Your active app will not resume once your TV is in standby mode. Follow these steps to restart your Samsung TV.
- Switch your TV from standby mode to turn it on.
- Press and hold the Power button on your remote.
- Your TV will turn off and wait for a few seconds.
- Press the Power button again to turn it on.
- On the screen, press the Home button.
- Navigate to Apps, and try opening the app.
However, if this trick does not work, we have other tips. So, follow us till the end of the article.
Clear Samsung App Cache And Data
Wipe all data on your app when a simple restart is insufficient. Clear all of the app’s data and the cache. It functions similarly to memory in the brain. Repeated exposure to anything builds a home in the subconscious mind. The same is true for a cache, which houses app data.
You will run into certain difficulties the first time you launch a website. But once you’ve repeated it a few times, the webpage loads significantly quicker. In reality, it’s one of the causes of apps not functioning on your Samsung TV.
Here are some points for restarting the app by clearing its cache.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Support.
- Select Self Diagnosis.
- Click on TV Device Manager.
- Go to Manage Storage.
- Select Show App List.
- Highlight your desired App.
- Press the down arrow button.
- Click on View Details.
- Select Clear Cache.
- Select Clear Data.
Delete And Reinstall The App
If you have followed the above advice but are still having trouble firing your apps, don’t worry; there is still hope. Simply remove the program, save the data required to install the app, and then reinstall the app. This is your best option if you have a corrupt installation file.
Follow these steps to delete an app from Samsung TV:
- Click the Home button on the remote.
- Highlight the desired app.
- Click the down button on the remote.
- Select Remove from the menu.
- Click the Remove button again.
- Finally, press Ok.
Follow these steps to reinstall an app on Samsung TV:
- Press the Home button on the remote.
- Select Apps on the screen’s left side.
- Click on the Search option.
- Type your preferred app’s name.
- Sign in to your Samsung account
- Finally, try launching your app.
Reset Your TV’s Smart Hub
Resetting the Samsung Smart Hub is the final troubleshooting step we advise doing after trying all the other steps. Your TV’s stored IDs, all of your programs, and all of your Smart Hub settings will get wiped. Follow these steps to reset your TV Smart Hub:
- Press the Home button on the remote
- Select Menu and go to Settings first.
- After that, click on All Settings.
- Go to Support and select Device Care.
- Select Self Diagnosis at the screen bottom.
- Select Reset Smart Hub from the options.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN code of your TV.
After the reset is complete, the TV will notify you, and you must choose “OK” to continue.
Frequently Asked Question ( FAQs)
Why are my apps not working on my Samsung smart TV?
Many users are struggling with the problem of their apps not functioning correctly on Samsung Smart TVs. There could be several causes behind the issue. Cached data within an application is a leading cause. Refreshing the cache data from the device settings is the solution to this issue.
How do I close apps on my Samsung TV?
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and hold the app while letting go to close it. On the app, swipe up once more. The procedure is the same as for dismissing a single app. But slide up from left to right at the end and click the “delete all” button on the left.
How do I restart apps on my Smart TV?
Occasionally, using the remote control is required to restart the Smart TV. Press and hold the remote control’s Power button for a few seconds. Your Samsung TV will reboot once an alert to shut down appears.
When an app freezes or stops working on your Samsung TV, you should restart it. These issues with Smart TVs are much more frequent and less difficult to resolve. You can follow any or all the methods we discussed so far, and your app will get back to work.
Mostly, a quick restart of your TV can fix the problem. If you find the exact cause, applying a single method will be easy, and your app will start working. Otherwise, you would need to apply all these methods one by one. If none of them works, get more help from Samsung support.
- Can Alexa Control Netflix On Samsung TV – 2 Easy Ways
- Fix The “Samsung Smart Hub Is Being Updated” Issue: 5 Easy Fixes
- Who Makes Samsung TVs? Owner, Founder, and Manufacturer
- How To Remove Bright Spots on Samsung TV? Fixed in 10 Steps
- [Fixed] White Spots On Samsung TV – Best 4 Ways To Remove