Most of the people these days want to monitor their businesses and homes for the sake of security purposes.
Blink cameras are best for these people because they have all the features they want in a mini camera for security purposes.
One of the feature is Blink camera blue light.
So why is Blink camera blinking blue light?
Blue light indicates that camera is recording the movement actively.
It also shows that the camera is working fine and detecting motion and movement.
If your camera is flashing Blue light, it works perfectly and is connected to the internet.
At the same time, if it’s slowly blinking, it means it’s in the process of connecting with the Wifi.
However, if you don’t want o keep it blinking or want to turn the light off through Blink app, this article is for you.
Here you will get the solution to turn off the blue light.
What is the Purpose of Blue Light on the Blink Camera?
A blue status light on Blink cameras indicates when it is actively recording a clip.
The Blink Mini can also display a green status light when the camera is powered on but not actively recording.
Blue light can draw the attention of others that they are getting recorded, so it’s not a good sign because they don’t like being recorded.
Sometimes, we don’t want to let others know that we are capturing and monitoring their movements, so blue light irritates some people.
There are different steps for each model to stop the light.
This article is all about solving this issue.
Blink Camera Blinking Blue Light (Problem Fixed)
Your Blink camera model determines how to disable the blue light.
We have listed the steps for each kind of camera below.
Fortunately, the Blink app makes it simple to disable it.
We can disable the blue light within the app by just pushing some buttons.
Here is the solution to turn off the blue light status of three models of blink cameras:
1. Outdoor/indoor Blink Camera Blinking or Flashing Blue Light
- Login into your Blink app.
- Go to the Blink outdoor camera settings first.
- Then click on the status LED option.
- Find the Blue light status.
- There are two options: i) Off: The Status LED will not be displayed. ii) Recording: During recording, a blue led light is displayed.
- Choose the OFF button.
- Step out from the app, and you will notice no blue light on your camera.
- See how simple it was!
By following these steps, you can fix the blue light on the blink camera system.
Hence your Blink Outdoor camera will stop recording.
2. Mini Blink Camera Blinking or Flashing Blue Light – Issue Fixed
Turning off the blue LED status light is tricky.
- Connect to the Blink app from your phone.
- Navigate to the camera settings.
- Find the status LED option.
- You will find three options here:
- ON: initiates a green light when the camera is prepared and a blue one when it distinguishes action.
- OFF: pressing “Off” will flick off all the lights, irrespective of the activity.
- RECORDING: The blue light will only turn on under “Recording” when the camera detects activity.
- Select the OFF button from the above options.
- Now your blue LED light is no more blinking.
Blink mini camera detects motion, that’s why they are used most commonly.
The wifi network on these smart devices work pretty better.
As a result, Blink mini outdoor cameras flash blue recording indicator, but thankfully, with the above steps, you can turn off the Light on your Blink.
3. X2/XT2 Blink Models Blue Light Issue
The procedure to turn off the blue light status is slightly different for the X2/XT2 blink cameras compared to the outdoor blink cameras.
Here you will have to engage in some physical activity.
A switch inside the XT and XT2 cameras’ battery compartments controls the blue recording light.
- You may need a needle, tweezers, or a paper clip to move the switch, especially if you have chubby fingers.
- The next step is to remove the back cover of your camera.
- Locate the serial number of your camera after opening the lid. You will find a tiny switch categorized as “REC LED.” There you will find two options: ON and OFF.
- By using the tool turn the switch OFF. If your fingers are thin, you can use your finger; otherwise, any tool you have gathered before.
- Place the cover back on your camera and install it from where you picked it.
The reset button on these cameras is near the battery cover.
You can cut off Blink’s network, which will ultimately break the Wi-Fi connection.
Hence the recording will stop, and the Blink camera will not flash.
You can apply the same method with other devices.
What if the blue light on Blink camera stays ON?
After turning off the light manually and from the app settings, it still displays on the camera; it needs a restart.
Just power off the camera and wait for a few seconds and then turn it on.
This restart usually resolves the issue, but if you still notice the blue light is on, you need to contact customer support for further assistance.
Blink Camera Blinking and Flashing Blue Light – Troubleshooting
Blink cameras are a famous brand of wireless home security cameras designed to be easy to install and practice.
However, like any electronic gadget, they can sometimes experience problems.
Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take if you’re facing complications with your Blink camera:
- Check your internet connection: Ensure your internet connection is working correctly and your Blink camera is connected. If your internet connection is slow or weak, it can cause problems with your camera’s video streaming or motion detection.
- Check the battery: If your camera is battery-powered, ensure the batteries are ultimately charged and adequately installed. Low batteries can cause your camera to malfunction.
- Restart your camera: Try restarting your Blink camera by unplugging it and then plugging it back in. This can sometimes resolve minor issues.
- Check for firmware updates: Ensure your camera’s firmware is up to date. You can check for updates in the Blink app or website.
- Reset your camera: If all else fails, you can try resetting it to its factory settings. This will erase your camera’s settings and data, so back up any vital footage before resetting. To reset your camera, press and hold the reset button on the back of the camera for 20 seconds.
If you need help with these steps, you should contact Blink customer support for further assistance.
Purpose of the Blink Cameras
Blink is a company that makes inexpensive, small security cameras. Amazon owns this company.
These cameras are typically excellent for home surveillance. Blink cameras are perfect for people who want to monitor their home and business without being there.
Their cameras are battery-powered.
They use only two AA lithium-ion batteries and work efficiently for up to two years.
These modern cameras offer live monitoring through a wireless connection.
These gadgets are easy to use, don’t need a lot of upkeep, and monitor you all the time.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
How do you switch off Blink camera blue light?
Blink cameras’ blue light can be switched off through the mobile app.
Navigate to the blink camera app settings and select OFF for the status light against the blue light—and the almost same process for the mini blink.
What does the blue light mean on the Blink camera?
If the blue light blinks, the camera is connecting to the internet.
Once the light start flashing, it means that the camera is now connected to the internet and has started working on recording.
Why is Blink camera not blinking or flashing blue light?
The device is facing power issues if your Blink camera is not flashing or blinking blue light.
It can also be due to faulty light or hardware issues.
Please check its battery power or try to replace the batteries to fix this issue.
Blink cameras are made for security purposes in your homes and offices.
They are capable enough to record the footage and save them.
You can monitor the live movements from your phone and tablet etc.
When it’s actively recording, it flashes blue light. Some people get bothered by it, and they want to turn off this light.
For different models, there is a different method to turn it off.
Blue light For indoor/outdoor and mini blinks can be turned off through the phone apps.
For the X2/XT2, you have to unmount the camera, remove the lid and then switch the small toggle button to the direction where OFF is written.
Even if your Blink device is blinking green light, or you see green light starts flashing, red light, etc.
You can follow the same troubleshooting method to fix LED light issues.
For instance, if you need help finding it solved, you can contact the customer support page of the Blink company for further assistance.