Alexa is a voice assistant to help you perform various tasks. But do you know this device also accesses a third-party service called “skills”?
What is Alexa skills charge? I will share with you more details related to this feature. Let’s dig into this informative article to explore everything!
Alexa skills charge is a service that the developers use to charge users for their Alexa skills. Some are free. Yet, others require you to pay before using them.
One example of free skills is Spotify on Alexa. You can freely play music on Spotify! Read until the end to learn more about this service!
The cost of these skills varies. For instance, some only require a one-time payment. Yet, you must pay for a subscription to use all features.
Moreover, the Alexa app will prompt you to authorize the payment when you enable a skill requiring a charge.
After you’ve completed the payment, you can use the skill whenever you desire until the subscription expires.
Some skills may provide in-skill purchases. It allows you to unlock additional content or features.
Currently, Alexa comes with over 100,000 skills, but you must pay a fee for some. If you are searching for top free skills on this smart home device, check the list!
This skill offers accurate forecasts from trusted sources. You can ask it for details about:
- High & low temperature
- Current temperature
- Precipitation: snow, rain
- Severe weather
- Weekend weather
You can use the command below:
- “Alexa, open the weather channel.”
- “Alexa, ask the weather channel what’s the weather.”
- “Alexa, ask the weather channel for the pollen level outside.”
You can easily access the latest news from NPR with your Alexa. You can use the command below:
- “Alexa, play NPR.”
- “Alexa, play the news from NPR.”
#3. Online shopping
This smart device will guide you in online shopping. You can make a shopping list and add items to your cart on Amazon.
You can use the command below:
- “Alexa, add toilet paper to my shopping list.”
- “Alexa, add shampoo to my cart.”
- “Alexa, are there eggs on my shopping list?”
The skill guides you on six sets of 5-minute planks. You can use the command below:
- “Alexa, start the 5-minute plank.”
- “Alexa, ask for a 5-minute plank to start.”
- “Alexa, open the 5-minute plank.”
This skill alerts you about what happens in your home when you are away. After activating the subscription for Guard Plus, you can say the command:
- “Alexa, call for help.”
- “Alexa, I need help.”
With the Audible skill, you can access numerous free podcasts. Use the command below:
- “Alexa, play [name of podcast] on Audible.”
- “Alexa, play the latest episode of [name of podcast] on Audible.”
- “Alexa, resume [name of podcast] on Audible.”
After paying for the Amazon Prime Music skill, you can access over two million songs.
#8. Bedtime stories
This skill lets you listen to a bedtime story customized to your child’s name. Here are the commands to use
- “Alexa, tell the BedTime Story to [name of your child].”
- “Alexa, launch Bedtime Story.”
- “Alexa, ask Bedtime Story to [name of your child].”
Some Alexa skills offer added features or content through subscriptions or purchases. In-skill purchases have different types, as shown below.
It can allow you to unlock content or features with a skill, such as
- Themed game packs
- Bonus levels
- Additional accessories
This in-skill purchase type is available on any Alexa device linked to your online account.
This type will be depleted after a specific usage time. Yet, you can purchase it again whenever you want.
If you opt for this in-skill type, you will get the following additional features, including
- Extra lives
- Game currency
- Game hints
This category will periodically charge for scheduled add-ons or content. It can offer the features below
- News/Magazine subscriptions
- Premium features/content
If you want to cancel the Alexa skills charge, check the methods below to complete your task efficiently!
- Open the Alexa app.
- Tap your name.
- Click “Subscriptions”.
- Select the skills you desire to review.
- Tap Cancel.
- Open Google Play Store on your device.
- Tap Menu and select “Subscriptions.”
- Choose the skill you want to cancel.
- Tap “Cancel Subscription.”
- Open Mac App Store.
- Click on your name.
- Select “View Information.” Sign in to the app if it asks you to do so.
- Scroll down until you notice the “Subscriptions” section.
- Click “Manage.”
- Select “Edit” next to the skill you want to cancel.
- Click “Cancel Subscription.”
- Visit the website www.paypal.com
- Select “Settings”.
- Click “Payments.”
- Choose “Manage Automatic Payments” under the Automatic Payments section.
- The dashboard will show you a merchant list you have subscribed to. Tap “RTA Apps Ltd” or “Skills for Amazon Alexa App” to cancel the skill.
Guides on canceling skills charge
This smart home device does not require any monthly subscription payment. Yet, you must pay for the subscription for additional features.
The good news is no! You can make a phone call to others for free.
The short answer is No! You can listen to music on Alexa without spending a dime.
However, you must subscribe to a premium service to access advanced features. For example, you must pay $9.99 monthly for Amazon Music Unlimited.
You can pay your Alexa subscription with the following methods:
- Through the Amazon Website
- Through the Alexa App
- Through Voice Commands
Alexa Skills Charge is a feature that allows developers to charge you for their Alexa skills. Some are free, while others require payment for extra content.
Paid skills often provide unique and valuable services unavailable elsewhere.
Hopefully, this article provides every detail you need about this service. Thanks for reading!