When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
YouTube TV is undoubtedly the best platform for watching live movies and shows and listening to your favorite music. You can make this more enjoyable using a smart device like the Echo Show. But is it possible? Can you watch YouTube TV on Echo Show?
Yes, you can stream YouTube TV on Echo Show using its latest version, the second generation and onward. They come with a touchscreen display and web browsing features. Using the default browser, you can play YouTube TV on Echo Show to watch live TV and shows.
Echo Show has several video and audio services, and Echo has built-in apps for them. But it does not have a YouTube TV app to open and play directly. So, how exactly can you watch YouTube TV, and what’s the best method? Let’s clarify all this — go ahead.
Is It Possible To Watch YouTube TV On Echo Show?
Initially, watching YouTube TV on Echo Show on their old versions was not possible. But now, Echo Show supports video services with their built-in apps. These services include Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and many others. You can stream them without third-party apps.
However, there is no built-in app for YouTube TV on Echo Show. Before April 2021, users could use two browsers, Silk and the most popular, Mozilla Firefox, for streaming. But now, you have only one option and that’s the Silk browser as Echo Show no longer supports Firefox.
Things To Do Before Watching Youtube TV On Echo Show
You can’t watch YouTube TV on older Echo Show devices or devices with older versions. You should purchase the latest device that comes with a touchscreen display. It lets you stream your favorite videos and control the device through voice.
You must get a second-generation or above Echo Show device to watch YouTube TV on it. You’ll have to update the software if you have a first-generation device. As a result, you would be able to run YouTube TV on its browsers. For an update, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on the home screen of your Echo Show device.
- Search for Device Options or find them by scrolling down the page.
- Click on it and scroll down to the Check Software Update option.
- If an update is available, click on it, and tap Yes to install it.
Here’s How To Watch Youtube TV On Echo Show
You have two options: watch YouTube TV on Echo Show’s default browser (Silk) or Mozilla Firefox. As we have discussed earlier, you don’t have a firefox option, but if you have a 2nd generation or above echo show that you bought before April 2021, you can use both browsers.
One more thing, if you uninstalled Firefox from your Echo Show, you can’t install it again. That’s why never ever try to delete it from your device. Now let’s talk about the actual process you need to follow to watch YouTube TV on Echo Show.
1. Using Default Browser [Silk]
To watch YouTube TV using Silk Browser, follow these steps:
- Command Alexa by saying, “Alexa, please open Silk.”
- Silk Browser will get opened on your Echo display.
- You’ll see the homepage of the Silk web browser.
- All bookmarks will show up on YouTube first.
- Click on the YouTube icon and start browsing items.
- And that’s all; enjoy watching videos on YouTube.
2. Using Mozilla Firefox Browser
To watch youtube tv on echo show, follow these steps to find out how:
- Command Alexa by saying, “Alexa, please open Firefox.”
- Firefox browser will open up on your Echo display.
- You’ll see the homepage of the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Next, command Alexa by saying, “Alexa, open YouTube.”
- YouTube will get opened on your Mozilla browser.
- Finally, you can then search for your favorite live show.
Get Idea From This Video: Watch YouTube TV On Echo Show 5 & 8
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I play YouTube on Echo Show?
Yes, you can play YouTube TV using the default browsers on Echo Show. You’ll need to open the browser by giving the command, “Alexa, open Silk.” Right now, Echo Show comes with the Silk browser. In the browser, you can easily open and browse YouTube TV.
Can you watch YouTube TV on Echo show 15?
There is no YouTube TV by default on Echo Show 15. If you want to play YouTube TV on this device version, you’ll have to use the default browsers. So, unless we get this app from Amazon and Google, we don’t have any other option for watching YouTube TV.
Can you watch live TV on Echo Show?
Yes, you can watch live TV on Echo Show, but you’ll need a streaming service. For us, the best option could be Hulu and Live TV subscriptions. Echo Show works with any streaming service you subscribe to, even if it isn’t available on its network.
I believe now you know, how to watch Youtube TV on Echo Show.
Most Echo Show users eagerly wait for Amazon to give a default YouTube app on their devices. But we don’t think it could become possible in the next few years. Till then, we have only one option to watch YouTube TV on Echo Show — through web browsers.
Silk Browser is the only browser available on new Echo Show devices for watching YouTube TV. If you have Firefox still working on your device, you should use Firefox.
- Where Is Action Button On Echo Show? Truth Revealed 
- Can Amazon Echo Go In The Bathroom? Does it work?
- Fix Echo Dot Blue Ring of Death Issue – 7 Best Ways
- Can I Use Alexa To Listen To Another Room? [Echo Intercom]
- How Much Does Alexa Cost In 2023? Latest Models