When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Many people ask the question, “Does Nest thermostat work with Alexa?” and the answer is yes! You can easily set up your Nest thermostat to work with Alexa. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it.
- Open the Alexa app and go to Devices.
- Click on Add Device and Select the Thermostat.
- Click on Google Nest Thermostat, Enable the Skill, and Login Into the account.
- Sign in with your Nest account credentials.
- Follow the guide to link your account.
If you’re looking for a convenient way to control your Nest thermostat, look no further than Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant. You can easily set up your Nest account to work with Alexa by following the steps outlined above.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to use voice commands to do things like adjust the temperature, turn the thermostat on or off, and check scheduled times.
4 Reasons Why Alexa Has Difficulty Discovering Your Nest Thermostat
You’ve just purchased the latest Nest thermostat, and you’re excited to start using it with your Amazon Echo Dot. However, you soon find out that Alexa has a problem discovering your new thermostat. What gives? There are a few possible explanations.
1. You are not connected to the internet
In order for Nest thermostat work with Alexa, both devices need to be connected to the internet. Verify that your internet connection is working and that both devices are online before trying again. Moreover, it’s important that both devices are connected to the same network.
In a nutshell, Nest Thermostat work with Alexa if you’re connected to the internet connection.
2. Alexa app or Echo Dot devices has outdated software
It is important to keep your Echo Dot’s software up-to-date for a variety of reasons, including making sure new devices can be discovered by your Echo Dot.
Go to the Alexa app software and see what the latest version is. Alternatively, you can download it from the App Store.
3. Both devices are not connected to the same network
In order for Alexa to find your Nest thermostat, both devices need to be on the same Wi-Fi network. If they’re not, connect them to the same network and try again.
4. Power saving mode on for the Nest thermostat
By default, Nest thermostats enter power-saving mode after 30 minutes of inactivity. This means that some features, like remote connectivity, will be turned off. To disable power saving mode, go into the settings of your Nest thermostat and turn it off.
Bottom Line: If Alexa is having difficulty finding your new Nest thermostat, there are a few possible explanations.
- Make sure that both devices have internet access and are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Update the software on both devices.
- Ensure that your Nest thermostat is not in power-saving mode.
How to Control Your Nest Thermostat with Amazon’s Alexa?
If you’ve ever wished you could adjust your home’s temperature without getting up off the couch, you’re in luck. Controlling your Nest thermostat with Amazon’s Alexa is easy and convenient. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the Amazon Alexa app.
- Next, select “Skills” from the menu.
- Search for “Nest” on the Skills page.
- “Enable Skill.”
- Log in to your Nest account if prompted.
Now that the Nest skill is enabled, you can start controlling your thermostat with voice commands. To do so, just say “Alexa, ask Nest…” followed by a command such as “to set the temperature to 72 degrees” or “what is the current temperature?”.
If you have multiple Nest devices in your home (for example, a Nest Cam or a Nest Protect), you can control them all with Alexa. Just make sure you specify which device you want to control when giving a voice command.
For example, saying “Alexa, ask Nest to turn off my living room Nest Cam” will turn off any connected device in your living room.
Watch Video: Does Nest Thermostat Work With Alexa?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do Nest cameras work with Alexa?
Yes, Nest cameras work with Alexa. You can use voice commands to view your live camera feed on any Echo device, as well as to control arming and disarming your Nest Secure system.
Does the Echo show work with the Nest thermostat?
Yes, the Echo show works with the Nest thermostat. Alexa can adjust your thermostat or set a schedule for your Nest thermostat.
You can also ask Alexa about your home’s current temperature, or what the temperature will be later in the day. Additionally, if you have multiple Nest thermostats in your home, you can control them all with Echo show. Just say “Alexa, turn down the heat in the bedroom.”
How to add Alexa to Google Home?
To add Alexa to your Google Home:
- Open the Google Home app
- Tap Menu > Devices > and then, select “Alexa”.
- Sign into your Amazon account.
- Follow the instructions to finish configuring Alexa on your Google Home.
So, now that you have got the answer to your question: does Nest Thermostat work with Alexa, here is the final guide for you.
As you can see, adding Alexa to your Nest thermostat is very easy. From the comfort of your couch, you can adjust your home’s temperature with just a few simple steps. No need to get up every time the temperature fluctuates.
Just make sure, if you’re using multiple Nest devices at home, you change their name accordingly. For example, change their name according to the place where they are located. So that when you ask Alexa to perform any task, it doesn’t get confusing.
- Nest Thermostat Troubleshooting: 5 Common Problems Solved
- Why Is My Alexa Offline? 9 Quick Fixes
- 48 Best Smart Home Devices 2023 [Updated]
- Can You Use Alexa Without Internet? 5 Things Require No Wifi
- Why Is Alexa Not Discovering Devices – 6 Main Reasons