SO Player on Firestick is a combination of the best multimedia streaming app and a streaming device.
It helps me to access my favorite content conveniently.
With the ability to stream live TV channels, on-demand videos, and more, SO Player enhances the Firestick experience.
This guide will explore its features, installation methods, and more. Let’s check!
What Is A SO Player?
A SO Player is a multimedia streaming app providing a seamless and convenient way to access and enjoy online content.
One cool thing I appreciate is that I can use it on many devices.
Hence, it’s popular in IPTV services. I often use it to stream:
- Live television channels
- On-demand videos
- Other multimedia content
Here are some features of this player:
- It’s easy for everyone to use, no matter how old you are. You can find what you want to watch without any trouble.
- You can use it on various devices. I often use it to watch content on my phone. But you can use a tablet, smart TV, or even a computer. So you can enjoy your favorite stuff wherever you want.
- You can watch TV shows as they’re happening on live TV. You can also choose what you want to watch from a list of movies and shows. Then, you can watch them later.
- You can make a list of your favorite content to watch. Hence, you’ll find and play faster.
- It has a show schedule that shows what’s on TV now and what will be on later. It’s like a TV guide on your device.
- Parents can use it to control what their kids watch. This way, kids only see things that are okay for them.
- It can show things in various languages and even add words at the bottom of the screen to help you understand better.
It’s Safe To Download SO Player
Yes, it is generally safe to download SO Player on a Firestick.
It’s a legitimate streaming app for many IPTV services to provide content to their users.
However, you should always ensure to download the app from official and reputable sources.
In other words, avoid downloading the app from unofficial or third-party sources, as these might offer modified or potentially harmful versions of the app.
Also, I recommend an antivirus program installed on your Firestick or VPN to provide an extra layer of protection.
There is no direct access to SO Player through the Amazon App Store.
So I recommend using the Downloader or ES file explorer to sideload it.
Use The Downloader
Here’s my guide on how to use the Downloader to download this Player:
Step 1: Install the Downloader
- Reach the home screen. To do this, press the Home button on the remote of the Fire TV.
- Navigate to the Find tab and select the Search option.
- Use voice search or enter “Downloader” using the virtual keyboard.
- After having the search results, choose and install the Downloader.
Step 2: Enable Unknown Sources
- After installing Downloader, return to the home screen of Firestick.
- Go to Settings and then select Developer options.
- Click on “Install.” Then, turn it on.
Step 3: Allow Storage Access
- Open the Downloader from the home screen.
- When prompted, click “Allow” to grant access to the storage of Firestick.
- Click Settings in the Downloader’s left-side menu.
Step 5: Download SO Player
- Go to the Downloader’s home screen.
- Enter the following URL to download the APK: bit.ly/3XJnZ7V
- Click the Go button, and the app file will start the download process to your Firestick’s storage. This process should take a few seconds.
Step 6: Install SO Player
- Once the download is complete, you’ll see a prompt to install this app.
- Click the Install option.
Use ES File Explorer
Using ES file explorer to sideload apps is a helpful alternative when you don’t want to use the Downloader.
Step 1: Install ES file explorer
- Start from the Home screen of Firestick and navigate to “Find,” then select “Search.”
- Search for this explorer and choose the app from the search results.
- On the ES file explorer information screen, click “Get” (or “Download”) to start the downloading and installation process.
Step 2: Open the file explorer and get the SO Player
- Once ES file explorer is installed, open it by selecting “Open.”
- Select “Download Manager” by clicking “Tools” in the left pane.
Step 3: Add URL
Click on the +New icon located at the bottom.
Then, the Path and Name text boxes will appear in a tiny dialog box.
- In the Path box: enter the URL: bit.ly/3XJnZ7V
- In the Name box: type “SO Player.”
Step 4: Download the Player
Step 5: Open the downloaded file
Step 6: Install the Player
A small window will appear. Click “Install.”
Either method, the SO Player is already on your Firestick.
Now you can open and use this application whenever you need.
Setting Up SO Player On Firestick
Before I guide you on setting it, I want to emphasize that you must have an active subscription with the IPTV provider to access their content.
My advice is to choose the monthly plan instead of the year plan.
Hence, you can unsubscribe whenever you want.
Then, your IPTV service will recommend that you use their player.
Of course, you need to decline and ignore their installation instructions since you already have an SO Player.
After having that subscription, follow these steps:
Step 1: Launch the Player
Find and click on the Player app icon on your Firestick’s home screen to open it.
Step 2: Check for Updates
Step 3: Log in
In this step, enter:
- Pin code
This information has been provided to you by your IPTV service provider.
In some versions, you must enter the provider ID to set it up.
Step 4: Start streaming
You can start streaming the content once you’re logged in.
Also, this Player enables you to record television programs for later viewing.
How To Solve If SO Player On Firestick Not Working?
During use, it is inevitable that your SO Player will have problems.
Here are a few that I often encounter.
I will analyze the cause and give a solution for each.
If you get this error while installing the Player, it’s because the app is from an unknown source.
To fix this, Firestick has settings to handle such situations.
So, just follow the guide on how to fix it.
It will help you adjust settings to install third-party apps.
Sometimes, after installing this player, you might experience buffering or slow loading times.
In this case, ensure your internet is stable.
If the problem persists, it’s often due to an overloaded cache on your device.
So the most helpful method is clearing the Firestick cache:
Step 1: Go to Firestick settings.
Step 2: Select Applications.
Step 3: Choose Manage Installed Applications.
Step 4: Find the SO Player and select “Clear Cache.”
There could be an issue with the installed version if the app is still not working.
So, always ensure you have the latest app:
Step 1: Open the Player, then open its Menu.
Step 2: Look for a new update.
Step 3: Click on it to install the update.
The above methods can solve common problems of SO Players on Firestick.
If issues persist, I recommend contacting the SO Player support team, or your IPTV service provider might provide further assistance.
The subscription cost of a SO Player varies from $24-$100, depending on the provider and the package you choose.
Once registered, you can use up to 4 devices to watch its contents.
This issue often occurs due to slow internet connection, network congestion, or device issues.
So my advice is to ensure a stable, high-speed internet connection.
Otherwise, you can clear the cache or troubleshoot your device.
Most of the IPTV services out there are compatible with the SO Player.
So you must choose a suitable, safe, and reliable service.
The answer is yes.
There are alternatives like Flix IPTV, IPTV Smarters, XCIPTV Player, and Perfect Player.
These apps offer similar features for streaming IPTV content on various devices.
SO Player on Firestick is a handy way to watch different shows and videos.
During my use, I found it to work well with the Firestick and rarely had problems arise.
Besides, I like its smooth performance and high-quality streaming features because they significantly enhanced my entertainment experience.
By following the setup steps above and fixing issues like buffering, you can enjoy it better.
Thank you for reading!
Hi! I’m David — a writer, blogger, and proud owner of Smarterve. I’ve been using smart home gadgets and in the home industry for about a decade. I love to solve problems, give suggestions, and create ease for people to enjoy life. This blog is where I can share tips and provide solutions to everyone using smart gadgets.