How To Pair Firestick Remote? (2 Easy Methods)
Firestick is a popular streaming device for watching movies, TV shows, and live sports on your TV.
To operate the Firestick, you must pair the Firestick remote with the device to navigate the menu and control the playback of your favorite content.
Pairing the remote with the Firestick can sometimes be a hectic task. A new remote is not paired with your Firestick when you take it out of the box or may have become unpaired for other reasons.
However, pairing your Firestick remote is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few steps.
In this article, I will guide you step-by-step through pairing your Firestick remote.
Whether you are a new smart device user, this article will help you get your Firestick remote up and running again quickly.
Ensure Firestick and Remote are Compatible
Before moving toward the pairing process, verifying if your Firestick and remote are compatible is important.
If you are using the remote that came with the Firestick or if you are using the latest model of the Firestick remote, you should be fine with the pairing process, even with older models.
However, if you bought your remote separately or are willing to buy a new remote, be sure to check compatibility to make sure it can connect with your Firestick:
To check the compatibility, locate the model number at the back of your remote.
The latest remote has the model number L5B83H and is compatible with Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Stick (2nd Gen and later), Fire TV Stick 4K, and Fire TV Cube.
For older Firestick models, you can check the remote model number at the back of the remote or in the user manual.
Remember that you can buy the latest remote models, which will be compatible with the early Firestick models too.
How to Pair Firestick Remote Automatically?
Once you have found your remote, you must begin the pairing process. You must set up both devices in pairing mode to pair your remote automatically.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Switch on the Firestick and the remote.
- Confirm that your Firestick device is connected to the internet and your TV.
- Press and hold down the home button on your remote for five seconds. Doing so will trigger the pairing screen to appear on your TV.
- Wait for a few seconds as the remote pairs with your Firestick device. During this time, you may see a loading screen on your TV.
- Once the pairing process is complete, you’ll receive a message on your TV screen confirming that the remote has been successfully paired.
If the above steps don’t work, reset your remote and Firestick device and repeat the process.
To reset your Amazon Fire Stick remote, remove the batteries, wait a few seconds, and then put them back in.
Go to Settings > My Fire TV > Restart to reset your Firestick device.
How to Pair Firestick Remote Manually?
The automatic pairing process is only successful some of the time. In such cases, you can manually pair your remote with your Firestick device using the Firestick menu.
Follow these steps to manually pair your Firestick remote:
- On your Firestick device, navigate to Settings.
- Select Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
- Choose Amazon Fire TV Remotes.
- Select Add New Remote.
- Press and hold the home button on your remote for at least five seconds. This should initiate the pairing process, and your remote should appear and pair with your Firestick device.
By manually pairing your Firestick remote using the above steps, you should be able to overcome any pairing issues and continue enjoying your favorite media content.
Resolving Firestick Pairing Problems
You may encounter issues when attempting to pair your Firestick remote with your Firestick device.
Here are some common problems and their solutions:
- Sometimes, the remote does not pair automatically. Try putting your Firestick device and remote in pairing mode and waiting a few seconds. If the pairing screen doesn’t appear, reset your remote and Firestick device before pairing them again.
- In some cases, the remote does not respond. Ensure that your remote has new batteries and is turned on. If it’s still unresponsive, reset your remote and Firestick device before attempting to pair them again.
- It has also been reported that multiple remotes pair with the Firestick device. To fix this problem, unpair all the remotes from your Firestick device and pair the remote you wish to use.
If you encounter any other issues while pairing the remote, contact Amazon Customer Support and describe your problem.
They will make sure to leave you with a workable solution.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to reset Firestick remote?
If your Firestick remote is not working, you can reset it by following this method. First, Remove the remote batteries, and press the Home button for 30 seconds.
After that, place the batteries and wait for a few seconds. This will reset the Firestick remote automatically.
How to connect Firestick to TV?
Connecting Firestick to your TV is easy. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into your Firestick and the other into the TV.
2. Connect the power adapter to the Firestick and plug it into an outlet.
3. Change the TV input until you see the Firestick screen.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to the Wi-Fi network and complete the setup.
Why is Firestick remote not paired with the TV?
If your Firestick remote is not pairing with the TV, try the following steps:
1. Replace the batteries in the remote.
2. Ensure that the remote has a clear line of sight with the Firestick.
3. Restart your Firestick and try pairing it again.
4. Ensure that your Firestick is within range of your Wi-Fi network.
Firestick is a great streaming device that offers a wide range of entertainment options.
However, if you encounter any issues, don’t worry. Follow the above guide to connect your Fire Stick TV remote to your TV automatically and manually.
Just ensure that both smart devices are connected to the same internet connection.
Furthermore, it’s better to use 5GHz of internet, which will give you fast TV access.