Watching your favorite shows on Onn Roku TV is fun.
But it’s before the glitches pop up.
I’ve also been stuck in this case and found a simple solution.
You may wonder: how to reset Onn Roku TV? I have some tips for you right here.
Let’s check them out! Then, you can bring your TV back to life!
You can reset Onn Roku TV by using the remote control to find the “Factory Reset”.
Another method is to press the reset button of the TV.
Before resetting your TV, check if you can fix the problem in any way.
For example, a loose power plug or damaged screen may prevent the TV from working properly.
If your TV is facing a minor issue, then perform a reset. The instructions are as follows:
- Unplug your TV from its power source when it’s still on.
- Leave the TV unplugged for about 30 seconds.
- After that, plug it back and turn it on.
When there is a big problem, you need to perform a factory reset.
Then, your TV will go back to how it was when it first came out.
Here are some steps to reset Onn Roku TV with a remote:
- Press the “Home” button on the remote control. This step will take you to the main screen of the TV.
- Use the arrow buttons on the remote to move around the screen until you see “Settings.” Then, click it.
- In the “Settings” section, find and press “System.”
- Choose “Advanced System Settings.”
There is a “Factory Reset” option in this section.
The TV will ask you to enter a code that will appear on the screen.
So, you just need to follow the instructions and type in the code.
- After entering the code, the TV will ask you to confirm if you want to do the reset. Just choose “OK.”
- Your Onn Roku TV now starts the process of going back to its default settings.
Reset your TV with remote control
What if you have lost the remote control? No worries! Please take these steps to reset your Onn Roku TV:
- Find the reset button at the back or under your Roku TV.
It’s a tiny button that you need something small like a toothpick or pin to press.
- Then, press the button gently and hold it for about 15 to 20 seconds.
Be careful at this step to avoid damaging the button.
- After holding the button for a while, let it go. Your TV will turn off and then turn back on.
This method is for when you can’t use the remote control.
If you find it or fix it later, feel free to use it to control your TV again.
If not necessary, do not do the factory reset, as it can be a hassle.
Here are some tips to avoid performing the reset:
- First, update your TV’s software regularly, especially when there is an update message.
The update can help fix problems and keep everything running smoothly.
- Besides, only install channels from reliable sources.
It would be best to choose the pens your TV recommends.
Otherwise, unknown channels will cause trouble.
- Clear out temporary files and cache frequently.
Your TV can’t work well with a messy space in its system.
- Also, restart your TV sometimes. This action can fix some small issues.
Is Hard Reset And Factory Reset The Same?
Many people confuse hard reset with factory reset.
So let me make it simple for you to distinguish them:
A hard reset gives your TV a quick restart. It doesn’t change much of your saved stuff.
Thus, you can use it to solve minor issues.
On the other hand, a factory reset is a big reset.
It makes your device go back to the default configuration.
Hence, it helps when there are significant problems.
The hard reset doesn’t erase your data, settings, or apps.
It means everything can stay the same after this process.
Meanwhile, after the factory reset, your device will lose your apps, personal data, and settings.
Your device then becomes brand new.
The reset button can be in different spots, depending on the TV model.
Usually, it’s on the side of the panel, on the back, or underneath the TV.
There are several reasons you may want to reset your TV, such as:
- If you intend to sell the TV to someone else, erase all your stuff from it. You can do it in a blink using the factory reset button.
- If your TV isn’t working right, then a reset can help.
- Sometimes, you want to make your TV look brand new with no extra stuff. So go for a reset in this case.
Resetting to factory settings only changes the way your TV’s software works, not the physical parts inside it.
This way, you can make the software new and help it recover after a failure.
If your TV is acting weirdly, a factory reset can be a good idea.
Modern TV models allow you to perform this trick to fix certain problems.
When you do a reset, here are three important things to know:
- All your stuff, like passwords, settings, and data, will be gone.
- Moreover, if you have added extra apps, they will disappear after the reset. You will need to put them back on if you want to use them again.
- Finally, your TV’s main software goes back to how it was at the beginning.
Hence, it may cause issues with devices you have connected to the TV, such as streaming devices or game consoles.
There is a “Factory Reset” option in the “System” tab of your Onn Roku TV.
You can use the remote to access that section.
Otherwise, press the reset button on your TV to do a quick reset.
So, reset your TV with ease! Then, you can confidently tackle any glitches that come your way.
Hi! I’m David — a writer, blogger, and proud owner of Smarterve. I’ve been using smart home gadgets and in the home industry for about a decade. I love to solve problems, give suggestions, and create ease for people to enjoy life. This blog is where I can share tips and provide solutions to everyone using smart gadgets.