If you’re like most people who want to watch maximum content on the smart TV you might be wondering about the solution to connect both.
Well, is it possible? Whether you can use Roku and Firestick on the same TV?
Yes, you can use Roku and Firestick both on the same TV with the help of an HDMI slot. You just need a TV to connect your Amazon Firestick and Roku stick with it.
You can also find a TV that has built-in FireOS or RokuOS to connect an alternate TV stick.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss some exciting solutions that will help you in connecting the Roku and Firestick to the same TV.
So, stay connected till the end.
What Is the Difference Between Amazon Firestick and Roku Streaming Stick?
Typically there is no big difference between the Fire TV and Roku as both give you wide streaming services.
They allow users to watch multiple streaming content from the world’s top apps including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, Hulu, HBO Max, Youtube, Disney Plus, and other apps.
But still, there is a clear difference in terms of features that we can see in both. So, let’s take a look into that.
Amazon is the world’s best company in terms of the quality and reliability of its products.
Same when it comes to the Firestick they don’t compromise on its functionality.
If you have got a TV with Firestick and you’re also an Amazon Subscriber you’ll get these benefits.
- Complete control on TV with Voice
- The fast streaming speed with quality display
- 1000s of streaming channels
- Free access to many premium apps
- 4K resolution enables
Roku Stick Features
Each product has its personal selling feature, the same Roku stick is popular among its users due to its easy usability.
Using Roku TV you’ll get a customized and easy control menu, apps, and search option that gives you peace of mind when using.
Some other exclusive features of Roku TV are:
- The Roku stick comes with a headphone jack.
- Control your TV using the Roku mobile app with ease.
- More than 4000 channels and 70K+ movies and TV shows.
- Brilliant picture quality and unlimited entertainment.
Can You Use Roku and Firestick on the Same TV? The Reality
You can use Roku Stick and a Firestick on the same TV using two open HDMI slots.
These two devices don’t mind each other and you can use them at any time.
But you can stream only one stick at a time. To use them, just switch the inputs through the TV media option.
Many people don’t like using both sticks as they feel it is quite irritating to switch.
But those who want to watch unlimited content on any channel in the world wouldn’t restrict to one solution.
Just like gaming, you can use Playstation and Xbox to play any game with exclusive features, these two sticks also allow you to experience unlimited content.
Furthermore, using both Fire Stick TV and Roku Stick gives you the ultimate benefits that are given below.
- I’m pretty sure you’d like to watch HBO Max and Peacock, but unfortunately, Roku Stick doesn’t play HBO Max but the Fire TV do. While the Fire Stick doesn’t allow Peacock but Roku TV does. So, having both sticks on your smart TV will allow you to watch any channel on the same TV.
- You can get benefited from both streaming and home control solutions.
- You can access different apps available on both platforms.
- Firestick TV gives you multiple setting options while Roku has a better user interface.
Meanwhile, there are many advantages of using both Fire Stick and Roku Stick at once.
If you are the type of person who wants everything in one place, this is the best solution.
How To Use Roku and Firestick on a TV With Built-in Streaming Device?
Your TV might be built-in with one streaming device which can be Roku TV or Fire TV.
But you’ve to connect another streaming device that is not connected to your TV.
Suppose, you got a Roku TV but want to connect to Amazon Firestick for extra features then follow these steps.
- Find an HDMI port behind the TV along with some other connectivity options. The location of the HDMI port can vary e.g. behind, bottom, or side.
- Take a USB cable as a power source to connect Firestick.
- Connect the HDMI side of the Firestick to the TV port.
- After connecting successfully, the TV will automatically detect the device and will show you the setting options.
- To set up, follow the instructions on the screen and customize the options as per requirements.
Note: The connectivity process is the same for both devices. And you can use the above method to connect a Roku stick to any Fire TV.
How to Connect Firestick and Roku to a TV Without Built-in Streaming Devices?
In contrast, you might have a TV without any steaming device. So, it can be frustrating to connect both devices to the TV without any prior knowledge.
Follow the below method to connect Roku and Firestick on the same TV.
- Make a decision on what streaming stick will act as a primary streaming device.
- Connect your TV with an internet connection and install Roku/Fire software and sign up for an account. After signing up, you’ll see the selected TV user interface.
- First, connect your primary device to an HDMI port with the help of a USB cable as a power source. Then set up the streaming device.
- Then, connect the second streaming device following the same process and set it up simultaneously.
- Once set up, you can access any streaming device you want.
Which Is Better: Roku or Fire TV Stick?
If the intent is just to watch movies and TV shows then Roku can be a good choice. As it gives you the best streaming experience with its easy-to-use display.
You can use the menu and search option with comfort without being in trouble.
Furthermore, using Roku you can use all the streaming apps equally and search for any app in seconds.
At the same time, as Firestick is Amazon’s product they usually favor Amazon Prime Video.
Are you thinking Roku is better than Fire TV Stick? Wait!
If you’re an Amazon user then Firestick has a lot more useful than you think.
Firestick TV can be used with Alexa smart home ecosystem and you can control your TV speakers with voice control.
You can use your Firestick TV to view your home safety if you use Amazon-safe home products.
By all means, using a Fire TV stick you’ll not only watch unlimited streaming content, but it also gives you complete control over other types of equipment in the home.
In short, it’s totally up to you what you think better is. Whether you just want to watch movies and TV shows or also looking for other home solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can You Use a Firestick on a Roku TV?
Yes, you can use Firestick on Roku TV even if it has one HDMI slot.
Furthermore, many TVs like TCL, Insignia, and Hisense come with built-in Roku TV features where you can also use Firestick externally.
Simply connect your Firestick to the HDMI ports and access it using the media option.
Can you Use a Roku Stick on a Fire TV?
Yes, you can use a Roku Stick on a Fire TV. Just like Roku TVs, many TVs come with a built-in Fire TV operating system where you can connect Roku Stick to an HDMI slot.
Usually, Toshiba, LG, and Insignia TVs come with the FireOS feature.
Comparing both in the sense of streaming movies and TV shows, the Roku stick takes an edge over the Firestick.
Not only due to its excellent user interface, but the Roku TV stick also comes at less price than Fire TV.
Both sticks have their useful advantages, and the best thing that I like, you can carry them anywhere in your backpack or jeans pocket.
Furthermore, you can connect them to any TV whether that’s a smart or standard TV.
I hope now you have an idea about whether can you use Roku and Firestick on the same TV or not, also you’ve learned the process so it’d be quite easy to do that.
With all that said, I believe now you can connect any streaming device to any TV.