Who doesn’t love enjoying DVDs on their weekends? If you don’t know how to bring this experience to your Roku TV, I will give you a hand.
In this guide, I will show you how to connect a DVD player to Roku TV in three different ways. Now, let’s see which method works best for you!
You can connect your DVD player to Roku TV using an HDMI, AV, or RCA cable. The steps are similar, no matter which cable you choose.
The HDMI cable is the most common choice for this task. You can follow these steps to connect your DVD player to Roku TV:
- Start by turning off both the DVD player and Roku TV. Then, unplug them from their power sources.
- Find the HDMI port on your TV. There is a HDMI label next to the port.
- Take one end of the HDMI cable and plug it into the HDMI port of your TV. After that, connect the other end to the “HDMI OUT” port of the DVD player.
- Reinsert the power cords into the power outlets for both devices and turn them on.
- Next, press the “Input” button on the Roku remote control. This step lets you choose the appropriate HDMI input for your DVD player.
- Insert a DVD into the player.
- Finally, use the player’s remote to play the DVD on your Roku TV.
If you don’t have an HDMI cable, then the AV cable can be a good alternative. Here is how to use it:
- Firstly, turn off both your DVD player and Roku TV.
- Unplug the devices from their power sources.
- Find the AV ports on your TV. They have three colors: yellow for videos, white for left audio, and red for right audio.
- Your DVD player has AV ports, too. So find them.
- Now, plug the AV cable into the AV ports of the two devices. The plugs and ports should have the same color.
- After that, re-plug your devices and turn them on.
- Press the “Input” button on the Roku remote. Then, choose the AV input.
- Now you can insert a DVD into your player. While it’s running, the content will appear on your Roku TV.
Check the colors carefully
The RCA cable can do the same thing. Just take these steps, and your DVD player can work in sync with your Roku TV:
- Turn off your devices and unplug them.
- Find the “AV IN” ports on your TV. Yes, you heard it right! This time, you still work with the AV ports.
- Locate the AV ports on your DVD player, too.
- Then, plug the RCA cable into those AV ports of your devices. Again, the color of the plugs and ports should match.
- Reinsert the power cords of your devices into their power outlets.
- Turn your devices on.
- Use the Roku remote to access the “Input” section and choose the AV input option.
- After that, insert a DVD player into your player.
- Use the player’s remote to start playing the DVD.
RCA cables are similar to AV ones
If all the three methods above don’t work, a USB drive can help. You can rip your DVD to the USB first.
Then, use it for a playback on your Roku. The instructions are as follows:
- Install a DVD ripper on your computer. I highly recommend the WinX DVD Ripper. Remember to choose the platinum version for the best features.
- Insert the DVD you want to rip into the DVD drive on your computer.
- Then, open the ripper software you have installed.
- In the software, choose “DVD Disc.” It will prompt the software to open the inserted DVD.
- Now, you need to choose the output format. You should go for the MP4 option.
- Next, connect the USB drive to your computer.
- Tap “Browse” to choose the USB drive as your destination folder.
- Press “Run” to start ripping the DVD to USB.
- After that, connect your USB drive to your TV. Now, you can watch the DVD content without using any cable.
Use ripper software
You can want to use your DVD player with the Roku TV for reasons, such as:
- You don’t have to wait for your favorite movies to air on Roku. Instead, buy the DVD and enjoy it.
- The DVD player offers an additional viewing option. So, aside from Hulu and Netflix, now you can also watch recorded content.
- Moreover, DVDs provide better picture quality.
- Most streaming services have 1 to 2 GB of storage. Meanwhile, DVDs can hold up to 8.5 GB.
- You can download any content on the DVD. In other words, the DVD player can be more flexible than many devices.
1. Can you use a DVD player with Roku TV?
Yes. You can use an HDMI cable to connect your devices.
This method offers high-quality audio and pictures. But if you don’t have it, use an AV or RCA cable instead.
2. Why does my Roku TV report “No Signal”?
If your Roku keeps reporting this message, you can try these steps to solve it:
* Firstly, ensure the DVD player is on.
* The cables should be in the right ports. As I have said, your devices have AV and HDMI ports. And luckily, each port has labels so you know where to plug the cables.
* Then, check if the color of the plug and port is the same.
* If the cables seem okay, the problem may come from your device. You can reset your Roku TV for about ten seconds and turn it on.
* Another solution is to test the DVD player with another TV. Alternatively, try a different DVD player.
You can connect your DVD player to a Roku TV easily.
An HDMI, AV, or RCA cable is the thing you need for the setup.
It’s a simple process. Even so, you can run into trouble sometimes.
In this case, try some solutions I recommend. Then, you can enjoy a perfect movie night!