If the sound system of your Roku TV isn’t enough for you, then use external speakers to boost the audio effect.
But how to connect external speakers to Roku TV?
Fortunately, you can do it in many ways. I will discuss each method right now.
So let’s read on and choose the one that works best for you!
You can connect external speakers to your Roku TV directly with HDMI, ARC, headphone jacks, or digital audio output.
But if your devices support Bluetooth, you can also use it to set up the connection.
Yet, if yours has one, you can connect it to your Roku TV using an HDMI cable.
Here is how to do it:
- Find a HDMI cable that is long enough to reach from the speaker to your TV.
- Plug one end of the cable into the output port of your speaker while the other end goes to the input port of your Roku TV.
- Then, turn on the speaker.
- Use your Roku remote to adjust TV settings.
- Finally, play something on your Roku to test whether the sound is coming through the external speaker.
1. Connect external speakers to your Roku using an HDMI cable
If your speaker doesn’t support an HDMI connection, then use your headphones.
They are also a kind of external speakers.
Here is how to connect them to your Roku:
- Firstly, locate the headphone jack on the TV. It’s often on the side or back.
- After that, connect your headphones to the headphone jack you have found. Ensure the aux cable is long enough to reach the TV.
- Turn your headphones on and set them to the correct input source.
- Use the remote control to adjust the volume of the headphones.
- Play audio or video on your Roku TV to test the sound.
If you use a Bluetooth speaker, you can easily link it to your Roku TV.
The instructions are as follows:
- Press the “Home” button to access the main menu of your Roku TV.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Within the “Settings” menu, tap on “System.”
- After that, look for the “Bluetooth Audio” section and turn on the “Enabled” toggle switch. This way, you can activate Bluetooth on your Roku TV.
- Turn on your speaker and set it in pairing mode. Then, it will automatically search for available Bluetooth devices.
- Your Bluetooth speaker will appear in the list of devices to connect to your Roku TV. So, select it to start the pairing process.
- Play content on your TV to test the sound.
Connect your devices via Bluetooth
The Audio Return Channel (ARC) version of HDMI aims to improve sound quality.
However, this feature is not available on all Roku models.
So, check the manuals of your speaker and Roku TV to see if it uses eARC or HDMI ARC.
If yes, then follow the steps below:
- Firstly, press the “Home” button to access the main menu of your Roku TV.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Tap on “System” and then “Control other devices.”
- After that, choose eARC.
- Connect your speaker to the HDMI ARC port on your Roku TV.
- Play some music on your TV to ensure you have connected your devices successfully.
Use the HDMI ARC feature
Your Roku TV may have a digital output.
It’s also called optical or S/PDIF.
But, you need a TOSLINK cable to connect your external speaker to your TV digital output.
Once you get the cable, plug its one end into the output port on your Roku.
Then, plug the other end into the optical input port on your speaker.
Yes. TCL Roku TVs may be compatible with Bluetooth.
But you still need to check the user’s manual for the exact information.
If your TCL Roku TV has Bluetooth, you can use it with many Bluetooth accessories.
So feel free to connect it with your Bluetooth headphones, keyboards, and mouses.
If you want to connect your Bluetooth headphones to the TCL Roku TV, please take these steps:
- Turn your headphones on.
- Press the pairing button down and hold it for a whole.
- Access “Settings” on your TCL TV and enable accessories.
- After that, the two devices can find each other and form a connection.
1. Can I connect a speaker to my Roku TV?
Yes. You can link a speaker to your Roku using Bluetooth, HDMI, HDMI ARC, and digital audio output.
2. Does the Roku TV have an aux port?
Yes. You can use the aux port to connect your external speakers to the TV.
Then, feel free to enjoy your favorite music without setting up any extra audio equipment
3. Does Roku support USB audio?
Yes. Some Roku streaming devices have a USB port.
Hence, you can use an external USB drive to play audio in the system.
4. How can I connect external speakers to my TCL TV?
You can connect the speakers to your TCL TV using HDMI or optical cables.
Another way for the connection is to activate the pairing modes of these devices via Bluetooth.
5. Can I use any speakers with a Roku TV?
Yes. Your Roku TV can work with external speakers, surround sound systems, and soundbars.
You can use HDMI, ARC, or optical cables to connect external speakers to your Roku.
If they are compatible with Bluetooth, you can also link them without any cable.
Hopefully, this guide can help you improve your Roku sound system.
If you need any further information to enhance your experience, please comment in the section below!