Fix Vizio Sound Bar Flashing White Light (3 Easy Methods)
Is your Vizio sound bar flashing white light and not working? Does the audio on your Vizio sound bar have entirely stopped?
If so, don’t worry. You can fix it yourself at home. We have brought 3 easy solutions to fix flashing white lights on the Vizio sound bar.
You can fix the white light blinking on your Vizio sound bar by trying different methods. Press the Bluetooth button for a few seconds to restore the connection and resolve the issue. If not, exit or disable demo mode or try resetting the device, and the soundbar will start working.
So, if you want to fix the Vizio sound bar flashing white lights, this article is for you. Hold your breath and don’t panic; this common problem happens to most users.
Keep reading this article till the end, and you’ll get rid of the situation in no time.
3 Best Methods To Fix Vizio Sound Bar Flashing White Light Issue
You can’t apply one method directly because it’s difficult to find the exact reason for blinking white lights.
Most people try resetting their sound bars, but this resets custom settings and your preferences.
Hence, you need to try other methods as well if these can fix the issue.
We’ll also first discuss 3 such methods where your preferences will remain saved. If your sound bar still did not get into proper working, we’ll go for a reset.
By applying the methods below, your sound bar will start working within minutes.
Let’s get started:
Exit Or Disable Demo Mode
If your Vizio sound bar has a blinking white light and is not working, you can fix it. You are facing this issue because your device is in demo mode.
So, you need to exit or disable demo mode. You have different methods to do so.
Let’s discuss the mobile app steps first.
- Open SmartCast mobile app.
- Go to Menu settings.
- Click on Disable the bar.
If the volume button on your sound bar works, follow these steps:
- Hold the Input and Bluetooth buttons for 5 to 10 seconds.
- You’ll see all the LEDs start flashing four times.
- If they only blink once, repeat the steps above.
- This will disable the Demo Mode.
Check And Fix Bluetooth Pairing
As your sound bar works on a Bluetooth connection, flashing white lights could be because of connectivity.
So, if the sound bar flashes lights and doesn’t produce sound, you can try pairing it again.
Follow these steps to pair the sound bar with your device quickly:
- Press the Bluetooth button and hold for some seconds
- Release the button if the LEDs flash four times
- Find your sound bar on the source or audio device
- Click on your Vizio device to try pairing with it
- Check the soundbar by playing any audio
If this process doesn’t work for you, turn off both the soundbar and source device. After that, repeat the steps mentioned.
When trying to pair your device, ensure you are in the range and don’t have much distance. Keep the distance to as short as 2 feet or less.
Reset Your Vizio Sound Bar Device
When the input device changes, you sometimes face the white light flashing problem on the Vizio sound bar.
Each device has a different configuration, and you must set up the new device again. Before this, reset your sound bar device to fix the blinking lights issue.
You can soft reset your Vizio sound bar by simply following these steps:
- Turn off your sound bar and unplug the power cord.
- Press and hold the Power Button for about 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord again into the soundbar.
- Check the soundbar if the reset worked.
If the soft reset does not work, try hard resetting your sound bar. Follow these steps:
- Press the Power Button to turn on your Vizio sound bar.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume Down buttons.
- Keep the buttons pressed simultaneously for at least 5 seconds.
- All the LED lights on the soundbar will flash three times.
- Check your sound bar if the reset is successful this time.
By doing this, all your settings and preferences will get erased. You’ll have to adjust your settings again manually.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do blinking lights on the Vizio sound bar mean?
There could be many reasons for blinking lights on your Vizio sound bar causing issues in sound.
You might not have set up your device correctly or not connected to the source device. Or you might have changed the audio source or run the sound bar in the demo mode.
How do I reset a Vizio sound bar?
Resetting your sound bar is pretty easy, and you can do this in a few minutes.
Follow these steps to hard reset your Vizio sound bar:
- Turn on your Vizio sound bar by pressing the Power Button.
- Next, tap and hold down the Bluetooth and Volume Down buttons.
- Hold the buttons at a time for about 5 seconds.
- The LED lights on your soundbar will flash three times.
How do I reconnect my Vizio sound bar?
To reconnect your Vizio soundbar to your TV, follow these steps:
- Turn off your Vizio TV and sound bar for connecting the HDMI cables.
- Next, connect one end of the HDMI to the HDMI OUT (ARC) port.
- After that, connect the other end to your TV’s HDMI 1 (ARC) port.
- Once done, plug your Vizio TV and soundbar into the power switch again.
- At last, set the input of your TV to HDMI from the input settings.
Well! That’s all about the ways to fix the Vizio sound bar flashing white light so far.
Before trying any of these methods, ensure your Vizio device and source device have no issues.
If your audio source is fine, your sound bar could have a problem, and you should try fixing it.
So, the quickest way is to hold the Bluetooth button, input and volume buttons, exit demo mode, or reset the soundbar.
Remember, reset should be your last option to fix blinking lights, as the reset will remove all your settings. Try Bluetooth pairing before it when in range.