TCL is an excellent TV brand, without any doubt.
Their TVs are reliable, and you can witness their quality.
But having issues with smart home devices is common, and this time, you ended up on a TCL TV that won’t turn on.
There’s no need to worry; I’ve got you covered!
What to do if TCL TV won’t turn on?
Here are three quick fixes that you can try if your TCL TV won’t turn on:
- Make sure the power cord is plugged in securely, and the outlet is working.
- For 10 seconds, hold down the power button. This may reset the TV and get it to turn on.
- Make sure your TV has the latest firmware.
- Outdated firmware can sometimes cause issues with power functioning properly.
There are several reasons why your TCL TV may not turn on, and I’ll show you how to fix the problem step-by-step.
Let’s examine this in more detail.
TCL TV Won’t Turn On (Fix It Now) 7 Ways Explained
1. Check the Power Cord and Power Outlet Connectivity
The proper connectivity of the power cord and outlet is the first measure you’ve to take.
Connect the TV’s power cord to an outlet and make sure it is plugged into the TV.
You might need to hold down the power button for 10-15 seconds to turn off the TV if that doesn’t work.
After a few seconds, press and hold the power button again to turn the TV on.
It is also possible that the outlet doesn’t work properly.
To rule this out, try plugging another appliance or device into the same outlet and see if that one works.
If not, then there may be an issue with the outlet itself, and you’ll need to contact an electrician.
2. Connect the TV With The Correct Input Source
Connecting your TV with the correct input source is essential; if chosen wrong, your TV may not turn on.
For the TCL TV to work, you must also connect the TV to the correct input source.
The solution is to check the connected input devices, for example, streaming devices, DVD players, HDMI ports, etc.
It’s because some of the TCL TV models work with HDMI 2 (DVI) if you connect normal HDMI then the TV may not start properly.
Therefore, this is an important point to keep in mind.
3. Check Remote Batteries
If the standby light turns on when the TV Switch is on, then it’s a chance that your remote battery is dead or maybe the remote is out of service.
However, if the standby light doesn’t turn on, you should still try to turn on your TV with the remote.
But in that case, you can’t claim your remote to be faulty.
4. Power Cycle TCL TV
Before getting toward the critical solution, the last thing you can do is power cycle your TV.
Please remove all electric power from the TV and follow this method.
- TV must be unplugged.
- Press and hold the power button to turn on the TV for one minute.
- Turn on the TV by plugging in the power cable.
- You will be able to watch TV now.
5. Reset The TV
If all the above solutions don’t work for you, then you still have the last thing to try by yourself.
You can reset the TCL TV.
However, if you apply this mathod you can lose your data, downloaded application, and all logins from the TV.
The choice is yours whether to reset the TV or hire a professional for repair.
All the TCL TV models have standby lights that always blink when you turn on the TV.
When you turn on the TV, if the light blinks but the screen doesn’t turn on follow the below steps.
- Connect your TV to the power supply.
- Find the Reset button on the TV. It can be on the right, left, or at the back of the TV. In most models, you can find it somewhere around USB and HDMI ports.
- After pressing and holding the reset button for 45 seconds, release it.
Once you’ve done all the processes, your TV will be reset, and you can turn it on after five minutes.
6. Contact TCL Support/Seller
Luckily, if it’s still under warranty, then you can get its service for free.
Contact TCL support and talk to them about your query.
You can contact them anytime no matter where you bought the TV.
However, if you purchased a TV from a local seller, there is no better idea than to ask them to assist you with this situation (if in warranty).
7. Hire a TCL TV Technician
Now, when you’ve tried all the methods and none of them works for you, hiring a technician to sort out the issue is a better option than buying a new TV.
Find a professional in your area, or you can search on Google with good reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What to do if my TCL TV won’t turn on?
TCL TVs won’t turn on for a variety of reasons, so here are a few suggestions:
- Connect the TV to a working outlet and make sure it is plugged in.
- Ensure that the outlet and TV are plugged in, and press the TV’s power button.
- It may help to unplug the TV from the outlet and replug it if it does not turn on. Release the power button after 30 seconds of holding it.
- If none of these things work, TCL customer service can help.
Where is the reset button on my TCL TV?
Typically, TCL TV has the power button on the backside just near the USB and HDMI ports.
However, they can also be found on either side of the TV panel.
Why does the TCL TV screen go black, but the sound still works?
If the screen on your TCL TV is going black, but the sound still works, it could be an issue with the cables connecting the TV to its power source or an external device.
Ensure all connections are tight and secure.
If you’re using HDMI cables, try using different ones.
Although the TCL TV not turning on is frustrating, it can be easily fixed by following one of the seven solutions mentioned.
Hopefully, this article provides enough detail for you to determine which solution will work best for your specific case and get your television up and running again as soon as possible.
Have you encountered this problem with your TCL TV?
If so, what solution worked for you?
Comment below with your thoughts.