Do you like SoundCloud and want to enjoy music anywhere with Amazon Echo in the home?
Great, you’re not the only one; countless people want the same thing.
Unfortunately, we can’t do this, that’s what people think, but it’s only a misconception.
Amazon Echo device doesn’t officially support the SoundCloud music distribution platform. However, it doesn’t mean you can’t play SoundCloud on Alexa. Yes, you can by pairing your smartphone and Alexa with Bluetooth.
Here in this article, we’ll share detailed answers about how to play SoundCloud on Alexa.
So be with us till the end of our guide and enjoy the SoundCloud music service on Alexa.
Can You Play SoundCloud On Alexa? It Is possible
Yes, you can play SoundCloud on Alexa. Those who say it’s impossible are also right because there’s no proper way of connecting both platforms. But we can do this by connecting the smartphone to Alexa with Bluetooth.
What you have to do is to follow all the steps we’re going to mention below. Leaving one step or following it wrong can’t help you.
Therefore, read our step-by-step guide carefully.
2 Easy Methods To Play SoundCloud On Alexa In 2023
Here are the two ways to play SoundCloud on Alexa.
Using Your Phone’s Bluetooth
You can use Bluetooth to play SoundCloud on Alexa.
There are two ways to do it; in the first one, you need a smartphone and the Amazon Echo device.
Once you get these things, proceed with further steps.
- Turn on your Amazon Echo device and install the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Go to your Android or iOS and turn on the Bluetooth.
- Check whether your smartphone and Alexa are connected or not.
- If they’re connected, then well and good.
- If the devices are not connected, open the Settings of your smartphone.
- Select the Bluetooth option and click on Search New Devices or Pair With New Devices.
- You’ll see a list of nearby devices that can be connected to the smartphone.
- Find the Alexa device name and pair it.
- Now go back to the Alexa app installed on your smartphone.
- Click on the Device icon and then Echo and Alexa options.
- Choose the Echo device that you want to connect from the list.
- You’ll see the option of Bluetooth Devices. Click on it.
- Select the Bluetooth device (smartphone) you want to connect.
- Your smartphone and Amazon Echo device are now connected via Bluetooth.
- Once they have connected, the song you’ll play on the smartphone will be broadcast on Amazon Alexa.
Using Your Laptop Or Computer
What does a person do if he wants to play SoundCloud on Alexa but with a laptop or computer?
Good for you is we’ve found a way to use a laptop or computer and play SoundCloud on Alexa.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- First, download the Amazon Alexa app for Windows.
- You can download the Windows version of Amazon Alexa from the Microsoft store.
- After downloading, install the software and sign in to the account.
- Make sure to log in with the same account you use with the Echo device.
- Once you download it, open Settings.
- You’ll see the name of your Amazon Echo device; click on it.
- On the next screen, find the Bluetooth option and select it.
- Click on Pair a New Device, find your device name, and choose it.
- You will receive a notification on the computer or laptop to allow the device to be paired.
- Allow your device and your computer or laptop to connect to the Alexa device.
- Finally, you can play the song you want by selecting it from the laptop or computer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you play any youtube song on Alexa?
No, you can’t play any youtube song directly on Alexa.
However, you can connect your smartphone and Alexa device via Bluetooth.
Once you connect both devices, your Amazon Echo will work as a Bluetooth speaker and play the song or any content on your smartphone.
Can you play SoundCloud via Bluetooth?
Yes, you can play SoundCloud on Bluetooth.
You only need to connect a device (smartphone, laptop, or computer) via Bluetooth to Alexa, and you can enjoy listening to any song.
How can I listen to SoundCloud without Wi-Fi?
Yes, SoundCloud allows you to listen to songs without Wi-Fi but only if your playlist or song is available offline.
So ensure that you have offline songs available. Otherwise, you can’t listen to Soundcloud without Wi-Fi.
The combination of SoundCloud and Alexa is a treat for music lovers.
Unfortunately, there’s no official answer to “how to play SoundCloud on Alexa?”
But who needs permission to connect both platforms when you can do it unofficially?
So, you don’t need an earphone or headphones to listen to songs while doing work.
Using Bluetooth, you can easily enjoy listening to your favorite songs and podcasts while cooking and doing house chores.
The best part is that all the ways we’ve shared above are safe. You won’t face any issues with the devices.