Installation of a Ring Doorbell onto brick can be slightly more difficult than installing it on other materials.
This is because the screws require more torque to stay tight in the harder material.
But with a few extra tools, it’s a quick job.
Here is a quick guide on how to install Ring doorbell on brick.
Gather the tools you’ll need:
A drill, a 1/4″ masonry bit, a Phillips head screwdriver, the mounting bracket and hardware that came with your Ring Doorbell, and two weatherproof silicone seals.
You’ll also need a level to make sure your doorbell is installed straight.
Then follow these steps:
- Mark the spot on the wall where you want to install your doorbell.
- To install the screws, drill pilot holes after you’ve made your placement marks.
- A helper may be needed to hold the bracket while you screw it in place.
- Once the bracket is secure, carefully insert your Ring Doorbell into place and use the Phillips head screwdriver to tighten the security screws.
- Apply silicone sealant around the edges. Give the sealant plenty of time to dry before using your new doorbell.
- That’s it.
There is still more to come!
I’m going to guide you to install Ring doorbell on brick in detail even without drilling.
Plus the safety measures are essential to follow. So, let’s get down to the topic.
How To Install Ring Doorbell On Brick Without Drilling?
If you live in a home with a brick exterior, you may be wondering how to install your new Ring Doorbell without damaging the brick.
While drilling into brick can sometimes be the best option, there are a few alternative methods you can try first.
Here are two different ways to install your Ring Doorbell on brick without drilling.
Method 1: Use Adhesive Strips
One way to install Ring Doorbell on brick without drilling is to use adhesive strips.
Adhesive strips are strong and durable, and they can usually support the weight of most doorbells.
To use adhesive strips, simply follow these steps:
- Clean the area of the brick where you want to install the doorbell using a mild soap and water solution. Clean and dry the surface completely before moving on.
- Measure the width of the adhesive strip and cut it to size using a sharp knife or scissors.
- Peel off one side of the adhesive strip and attach it to the back of the doorbell, making sure that the adhesive side is facing down.
- Once that has been done, remove the adhesive strip and attach it to the brick surface. Press firmly to make sure both sides are securely attached.
- Before using the doorbell, allow the adhesive to set for at least 24 hours.
Method 2: Use Command Hooks
Another option for installing your Ring Doorbell on brick without drilling is to use Command Hooks.
Command Hooks are removable and reusable hooks that come in a variety of sizes and strengths.
For this method, you’ll need two medium-strength Command Hooks per doorbell.
To use Command Hooks, simply follow these steps:
- Peel off one side of each Command Hook and attach them to both sides of the back of your doorbell at an equal distance from the top and bottom edges.
- Press each hook firmly into place for 30 seconds before letting go to make sure they adhere properly.
Watch in Action: How to Install Ring Doorbell on Brick?
Safety Precautions While Installing Ring Doorbell On Brick
Doorbells are an inexpensive way to add an extra layer of security to your home, and they can be installed relatively easily.
If you have a brick façade on your home, however, you’ll need to take a few extra precautions to ensure that your doorbell is properly secured.
- Installing a ring doorbell on a brick requires the use of special anchors and screws that are designed to grip the brick surface.
- It’s also important to use a drill bit that is the same size as the anchors.
- Make sure the outlet has enough power to run the Ring Doorbell.
- If your doorbell wiring is exposed, consider covering it up with a weather-resistant box.
- Make sure that the Ring Doorbell is properly attached to your brick wall and will not fall off.
- Install a 16-24 volt AC transformer to ensure you have enough power to run the Ring Doorbell.
How To Install Ring Doorbell On Concrete Wall?
Installing your Ring doorbell on a concrete wall is actually pretty easy, and here are the steps to follow.
Tools You’ll Need
- Masonry drill bit
- Tape measure
- Philips head screwdriver
- Safety glasses
Steps to install Ring doorbell on brick/concrete wall:
- Wear your safety glasses first.
- Use your tape measure to find the center of the doorframe, both horizontally and vertically.
- Use a pencil to mark the spot.
- Set your Ring doorbell against the wall at the marked spot.
- Make sure that it’s level, then trace the doorbell’s outside edge with a pencil.
- Use your drill and masonry bit to make a hole at each of the four corners of the rectangle you just traced.
- To do this, first, insert the masonry bit into the drill. Then, holding the drill steady, slowly start drilling into the concrete until the bit is about halfway through the thickness of the wall.
- Move to another spot and repeat until all four holes have been drilled.
- Now it’s time to insert the wall plugs into each of the holes. Using a hammer, tap on the plug until it’s flush with or slightly below the surface of the wall. Repeat for each plug.
- Now it’s time to attach your ring doorbell to the wall using the ballistic nylon screws provided in the kit.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is It Worth It To Install Ring Doorbell On Brick?
Yes, it is worth it to install a Ring Doorbell on brick.
Ring Doorbells come with both wired and wireless options, so even if your home has brick exterior walls, you can still install one.
What Other Place Is Best To Install Ring Doorbell?
You can install a Ring doorbell at your home’s main gate.
A front yard door is also a good option.
If you care for security you can also place one on the backyard wall.
Meanwhile, you can place it anywhere at your home.
Can Brick Damage Ring Doorbell?
Yes, if the force is great enough, a brick can damage a Ring doorbell.
Ring doorbells are designed to be weather-resistant and durable, but they can still be damaged if hit with a hard object or subjected to excessive force.
I hope now you’ve got the idea about how to install Ring doorbell on brick or concrete walls.
But if your home wall has hard bricks that are hard to drill you can also install a Ring doorbell in the door corners.
Just make sure, wherever you place it, you secure it tightly and make the place water resistant.
Moreover, follow the safety precautions to avoid any damage to your wall or device.
Plus, I recommend you clean and dry the surface of the brick wall before installing the doorbell.