Sengled bulbs are smart LED bulbs that offer a convenient way to control the lighting in your home.
With the help of Alexa, Amazon’s virtual assistant, users can easily manage their Sengled bulbs through voice commands or mobile apps.
So, how to connect Sengled bulb to Alexa? Here is a quick answer.
Anyone can connect their Sengled bulbs to Alexa in simple steps. After establishing the connection between the two devices, you can enjoy hands-free lighting control, making daily routines more convenient and enjoyable. The lights can be dimmed, brightened, or changed in color using your voice.
In this article, I’ll walk you through each step of setting up your Sengled bulbs to work with Alexa.
So, whether you’re an experienced, smart home user or just getting started, keep reading to learn how to connect your Sengled bulbs to Alexa and enjoy the benefits of smart lighting.
Check the Compatibility of Sengled Bulb with Alexa
Before you begin the connection process, check if your Sengled bulbs are Alexa-compatible.
Not all Sengled bulbs are compatible with Alexa, so it’s important to double-check this to make sure the connection works.
You can check compatibility using the Sengled app. The Sengled app displays a list of compatible devices and lets you update your bulbs if necessary.
Follow these steps to check compatibility using the Sengled app:
- Download the Sengled app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Sign in to your account. If you do not already have an account, create one.
- Select “More” from the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Compatibility” and browse the list to locate your Sengled bulb model.
- If your Sengled bulb is incompatible with Alexa, the app will notify you that it is not supported.
If your Sengled bulb is not compatible with Alexa, you may need to purchase a new bulb that is compatible with Alexa or consider using a different smart home device.
However, if your Sengled bulb is compatible with Alexa, you can move on to the next steps to connect it to Alexa.
Connect Sengled Bulbs to Your Network
To connect your Sengled bulbs to Alexa, you must first ensure they are connected to your Wi-Fi network.
Follow these steps to connect your Sengled bulbs to Wi-Fi:
- Ensure that your Sengled bulbs are turned on and are in the range of your Wi-Fi network.
- On your smartphone or tablet, download and launch the Sengled Home app.
- Select the “+” icon in the app’s top right corner to add a new device.
- Select “Lighting,” then choose the Sengled bulb type you want to connect.
- Your bulb now needs to be in pairing mode. To trigger it, follow the on-screen instructions that will be prompted.
- The app will search for any nearby Sengled bulbs in pairing mode.
- Once it detects your bulb, choose it and follow the on-screen prompts to connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
Once your Sengled bulb is linked to your Wi-Fi network, you can connect it to Alexa to control it.
Activate Sengled Skill on Alexa
To manage your Sengled bulbs with Alexa, you need to activate the Sengled Skill.
This voice-activated application lets you use voice commands to control your Sengled bulbs.
To activate the Sengled Skill, follow these instructions:
- Access the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile or tablet device.
- Click on the “Skills & Games” option from the menu.
- Search for “Sengled” in the search bar.
- Select the “Sengled Home” Skill and press “Enable to use.”
- When prompted, log in to your Sengled account and allow Alexa to access your Sengled account information.
After enabling the Sengled Skill, you can use Alexa to operate your Sengled bulbs.
Last Step: How To Connect Sengled Bulb to Alexa?
After ensuring that your Sengled bulbs are connected to Wi-Fi and the Sengled Skill is enabled, you can now link your Sengled bulbs to the Alexa voice assistant.
Below are the steps to connect your Sengled bulbs to Alexa:
- On your mobile device, launch the voice assistant app.
- Select “Devices.”
- In the top right corner, click the “+” button.
- A drop-down menu will appear. From there, select “Light” and then “Sengled.”
- Follow the app’s instructions to discover and connect your Sengled bulbs to the voice assistant.
- Assign names to each bulb for voice control, such as “Living Room Lamp” or “Bedroom Lamp.”
After connecting your Sengled bulbs to the voice assistant, you can easily control them with voice commands like “Turn on the Living Room Lamp” or “Dim the Bedroom Lamp to 50%.”
Verify The Connection
Verifying the connection after connecting your Sengled bulbs to Alexa is crucial. Follow these steps to do so:
- Use your smartphone or tablet to launch the Amazon Alexa app.
- Choose “Devices” from the menu.
- Select the Sengled bulb to be tested.
- Control the bulb with a voice command, such as “Alexa, turn on the Living Room Lamp.”
The bulb should respond to the voice command within a few seconds.
If the bulb does not respond to the voice command, ensure it is turned on and connected to your Wi-Fi network.
You may also try resetting the bulb and repeating the setup process. Contact Sengled support if you continue to have difficulties.
If the smart device is not connected to wifi or Alexa is not connected to wifi, it will not respond to your commands.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why I’m unable to connect a Sengled bulb to Alexa?
There can be many reasons that you’re unable to connect a Sengled bulb to Alexa.
The main reason can be poor internet connection or that both devices are not connected to the same network. Outdated software can also create problems in the connection.
So make sure the internet connection and the device’s software are updated.
Why doesn’t Alexa find my Sengled bulb?
There can be many reasons, but here is a solution. Firstly, ensure that your Sengled bulbs are connected to the Sengled hub and that the hub and Alexa device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
If the issue persists, check if your Sengled bulbs are compatible with Alexa.
Additionally, try renaming your Sengled bulbs through the Sengled app, as the incorrect name could prevent Alexa from finding them.
Can I control my Sengled bulbs without Alexa?
Yes, you can control your Sengled bulbs without Alexa. Sengled bulbs come with a mobile app that allows you to control your bulbs anywhere and anytime.
The Sengled app enables you to change the color of your bulbs, turn them on and off, set schedules, and even group them.
Connecting your Sengled bulbs to Alexa can be hassle-free if you follow the proper steps.
In a nutshell, Before you start, check the manufacturer’s website to ensure your Sengled bulbs are compatible with Alexa.
To connect, ensure both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network and download the Alexa app on your smartphone.
Within the app, navigate to the smart home tab and select your Sengled bulbs. Follow the prompts to connect your Sengled bulbs to Alexa.
By following the steps outlined above, you can ensure that your Sengled bulbs are working correctly.
Enjoy the convenience of controlling them with Alexa or the Sengled app.