How to Change Alexa Alarm Sound? Step-by-step Guide
When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Once invested in, Alexa becomes a contemporary part of everyday tasks, such as making grocery lists, playing favorite music, operating the TV, controlling smart lights, etc. Since it is so comprehensively used, it is viable to customize the features of Alexa according to your choice.
One of the primary features you can start with to customize the Alexa is changing the alarm sound. You can customize the Alexa alarm sound with your favorite music, ringtone, or even a voice note.
However, many people need to learn how to change the Alexa alarm sound. You can check out the following guide if you are also oblivious to changing the Alexa alarm sound. This article will describe how to change the Alexa alarm sound and its customization features.
Is it Possible to Change Alexa Alarm Sound?
When you purchase Alexa, it comes with the default Alexa “Chimes” alarm. To some people, its highly-pitched sound can be pretty annoying. While for others, it might not be impactful enough as a music alarm.
In such situations, you may be thinking about changing the alarm sound. However, people unfamiliar with Alexa features or using it for the first time may wonder whether it is possible.
You can change the Alexa alarm sound to your preferred sound or music. Doing so is much easier than you perceive. All Alexa features are directly monitored and controlled via its app. Similarly, its alarm features, including sound customization, are also done via its app.
How to Change Alexa Alarm Sound?
As stated earlier, the Amazon alarm features are accessible via the Alexa app. You must access the app and follow a series of steps to alter the alarm sound.
The Alexa app is available on both Android and iOS devices. It implies that the “alarm sound changing” procedure remains the same for all mobiles, i.e., iPhone or Android. These steps include;
- Open the Alexa app. Ensure that your device has a strong Internet connection.
- Tap on the “Menu” button, present on the top left corner of the screen.
- Go to “Reminders and Alarms.”
- Next, you will find three options, i.e., “Alarms,” “Reminders,” and “Timers.” Among them, choose “Alarms.”
- Once you do so, you will find a “Settings” option at the bottom center of the page. Click on it.
- You will be directed to a page that will showcase your connected devices. Among them, click on the “Amazon Alexa Echo” device for which you want to change the alarm sound.
- After you have selected the device, you will have three options. With the first one, you can customize the loudness of the alarm. The second one will let you change the alarm sound. While using the last one, “Ascending alarm,” you can permit the device to increase the alarm sound as it rings gradually.
- Your concern is with the middle option, titled “Sound.” Therefore, click on it.
- You will be led to another page enlisting numerous alarm sound options. These options are divided into two sections, i.e., “Sounds” and “Celebrity.” As predicted by its name, the “Celebrity” section encases the voices of different celebrities, which tells you to wake up. On the other hand, the “Sound” section has standard music alarm tunes and musical themes. You can select whichever suits you the best.
- Once you have selected a certain alarm ring, either from the “Celebrity” or “Sounds” section, you can scroll back to the “Menu.” Your desired sound will be set and saved automatically as your preference alarm ring.
Watch Video: How to Change Alexa Alarm Sound?
How Can you Set Music as Alexa Alarm Sound?
Sometimes, you may want a particular music or song set as your alarm sound. Those unfamiliar with the features of the Alexa Echo smart device may need help. But you can specify any type of music or even a personal voice note as your alarm sound.
Two methods exist; one includes the Alexa app, while the other solely involves the Echo device.
1. Set Music as Alexa Alarm Using the App
To set the music as your alarm sound, follow the instructions above until step eight. Besides the “Celebrity” and “Sounds” categories, you will find another option, i.e., “My Tunes.” Next, you will be directed to your music library. You can select your desired music and set it as your alarm sound.
2. Set Music as Alexa Alarm Using Echo Device
You can also set music as your alarm sound via the Echo device. You must command Alexa and ask your favorite song to be set as the alarm sound. For instance, you can say, “Alexa set the alarm for 5 in the morning to play my Liked Songs on Spotify,” or “Alexa, wake me up tomorrow to Taylor Swift song at 7 in the morning.”
However, you must consider that you can only set music as an alarm sound through the Echo device when creating a new alarm. To change the alarm sound of a pre-existing alarm, you must use the Alexa app and refer to the above method.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to set a voice note as an Alexa alarm sound?
You can set a voice note as the Alexa alarm sound by clicking on the “My Tunes” option. It will redirect you to your “Music Library,” where you can easily access and set your favorite music or voice note as your alarm sound.
How to adjust the volume of the Alexa alarm?
To change the loudness of the Alexa alarm, go to the alarm settings and re-adjust the volume. In the volume section, you can adjust the volume. You can even turn off the volume and set the alarm to vibrate.
What is “Ascending Alarm” in the Alexa app?
The “Ascending Alarm” option allows you to set the alarms with gradually increasing sound. Such alarms prove helpful for those who find it to wake up in the morning to low-pitched sounds.
Changing the alarm sound on Alexa can help you personalize the Alexa device. Moreover, you can also surprise your special one by waking them up to your voice note in the morning. Similarly, using the same feature, you can wish your siblings a birthday or even prank them.
You can also set Apple music alarm sounds on Amazon Echo devices. Other music alarms services e.g., Spotify alarm tones music service, etc.
We hope you found our article “How to change Alexa alarm sound?” informative and helpful. You can visit our website if you want to know further about different Alexa features and how to access them.