Are you worried about the safety of your home?
Well, it’s a severe issue; we can’t trust anyone, particularly regarding the house and family.
The good thing is now we live in the 21st century, and all of us can install security cameras.
It’s the best way to know what’s happening at home.
That’s the reason why almost 331 million households have smart security cameras.
Companies like Blink, renowned for selling the best security cameras, are now developing new features.
For instance, you can easily connect Blink to Alexa and check the home’s security status by asking your smart assistant.
However, there’s one issue: most people don’t know how to connect Blink to Alexa. But you don’t have to worry about anything.
In this article, we’ll discuss how to connect Blink to Alexa.
How Blink Camera And Alexa Make Life Easy?
Have you ever wondered what difference it makes if you connect the Blink security cameras with Alexa?
How can it make you worry-free?
We all know Alexa is the smart assistant that will do the work for you.
You only need to ask Alexa to show the live status of Blink security cameras, and you’ll see the live view on your devices.
With these features, your home will become more secure.
An example is if you’re a working woman, you can see what your children do at home by connecting Blink to Alexa.
Sounds amazing, right?
There are more features: Blink cameras and Alexa can detect motion.
When this happens, Alexa will automatically display the camera footage and make an announcement.
Step-By-Step Guide To Connect Blink To Alexa
Before we go further, there’s one thing we want to make clear you have to read every step carefully.
Otherwise, connecting Blink to Alexa is impossible, and you must follow all steps again.
So let’s get started!
Connect Alexa And Blink To the Device
The first step is to connect Blink and Alexa to the device (smartphone).
- Download the Alexa app on a smartphone, tablet, or iOS.
- If you’re a new user, sign up; otherwise, log into your account.
- Make sure to log in with the same account working on the Amazon Echo device.
The second step is to log in with your Blink account.
- Download the Blink app on the device.
- Register yourself or log in with old credentials.
- Open the Blink app and click on the plus (+) symbol.
- Select the device you want to connect.
- Go where the camera is installed and scan the QR code from the back of the camera.
- Name your camera device.
- Select Discover Devices, and the camera name will pop up shortly.
- When you see the camera name, click Connect and enter your Wi-Fi network information.
- Your camera has been connected successfully to the app.
Add Blink Account In Alexa
Before connecting the Blink to Alexa, ensure that Blink cameras are installed and working properly in the home.
- Open the Alexa app.
- You’ll see the option Devices down at the bottom.
- In the next window, choose the plus + icon at the top.
- Different options will pop up on the screen; choose to Add A Device.
- Now you’re on the page where you must select the Cameras option.
- On the next screen, choose the brand of a security camera.
- Since we’re using Blink, click on the Blink option.
- You’ll be redirected to a new screen.
- Click on the option to Continue, which is at the bottom.
- On the next page, you’ll see the option Enable to Use, and click on it.
- The next step is entering your Blink account information and logging in.
- The last step is to click on the Close button and Discover Devices.
- Alexa will take a few seconds to find Blink devices.
- Select the Blink device you want to connect.
- Congratulations, your Alexa is now connected to Blink security cameras.
Enable Motion Detection Feature
If you want to enable the motion-detected feature to view what’s happening when motion is detected.
Then follow the further steps.
- Open Alexa, find the option More, and select it.
- Create a routine by clicking the Routine option and then When this happens.
- Select Smart Home and choose the camera you want to use for motion detection.
- Click on Detected on the screen and Next in the top corner.
- On the next screen, you’ll get the option Anytime.
- After clicking on the Anytime option, specify the dates and time range you want the motion dictator feature to work.
- Proceed further and choose to Add Action>Alexa Says> Customize.
- Type the announcement for Alexa.
- Then click Choose Device and Save the routine.
- Now Alexa and Blink cameras will work together and detect motion.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why won’t my Blink camera connect to my phone?
There are several reasons your Blink camera is not connected to the phone.
The most common possibility is that your mobile device is not in the router’s range.
Another reason might be that your Wi-Fi isn’t working properly.
Who can see my Blink camera?
Only the owner of the Blink account can see what’s happening with the Blink camera.
Are my Blink cameras audible?
Yes, the Blink cameras are audible. You can listen to whatever is happening in the live footage.
Hopefully, you’ve liked our guide on how to connect Blink to Alexa. Security cameras are becoming essential nowadays.
And it’s not an issue because they solve our biggest problem: our family and home security.
Alexa will notify you or show the live view through the connected mobile wherever it detects motion.
This will allow you to contact the police on time in case of any emergency.
Just make sure to follow all steps carefully. First, connect Blink and your Alexa Account to the smartphone.
Then, proceed with the further steps.